Elmo's Christmas Countdown on PBS November 27, December 11 and December 25

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2007 ABC special, Elmo's Christmas Countdown will be airing on PBS in HD November 27, December 11 and December 25 in Sesame Street's normal time slot. Tune in and let us know your thoughts on this appearance.

It will be interesting to see how Sesame Workshop fills the extra time since the original special was about 44 minutes in length. That leaves about 14 minutes to fill, probably for an Elmo's World segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, here's how it aired:
  • The intro to ECC is used as the cold open, but they took out all the credited names
  • They use the season 40 theme, but add some snow falling over it. The special is called Episode 4427, much like the storm special from last year.
  • After ECC, they play "Elmo's World: Christmas", which is basically EW: Happy Holidays cut down to 14 minutes. You can watch that here: http://pbskids.org/sesame/home/elmos-world-christmas/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, glad SST doesn't air here because of Daylight Savings Time no longer in effect if ECC got cut down with an abbreviated second special tacked on at the end.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Meh, glad SST doesn't air here because of Daylight Savings Time no longer in effect if ECC got cut down with an abbreviated second special tacked on at the end.

ECC wasn't really cut down at all. I haven't watched the full thing, but the only edit to the special I see so far is the loss of Super Grover's line, "I am tough, but fair."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I missed it, but I'm not really all that compelled to see it again. I guess they chose the day before Thanksgiving so it doesn't conflict with certain east coast broadcasts of the parade.

Still, it would be nice for them to air it once in prime time, the way the special was meant to be seen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just watched it, and it was a little better than I remember. Still, the Charles Blitzen thing was just excruciatingly nasty for Sesame Street.

But hey... I didn't notice this the first time, but Herry has a background cameo near the end of the special.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Where is Elmo's World Happy Holidays? I want to see that special.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
But hey... I didn't notice this the first time, but Herry has a background cameo near the end of the special.
Yay for Herry Monster!:super:

Where is Elmo's World Happy Holidays? I want to see that special.​

Target has been selling the DVD for like 5 bucks- you may want to check your local branch (assuming you have one nearby).​

Drtooth

Reaction score
He was in the background on a bus at some point near the end. Of course, I haven't seen this special since it premiered, so either I didn't notice that before or I forgot about it.

Some of the songs are pretty nice, as celebrity oriented as they are. The Anne Hathaway/Big Bird bit was the only thing close to a duet (unless you count the I Hate Christmas part). I get what they were going for with the set, but it just doesn't look too good. And that bit with the Count is very dated and I swear the network forced in one TV show promo... but all together, it's The Count, so I can't really say anything too bad about it.