1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo Replica Puppet for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by Blink, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Blink

Blink Member

Hi everyone,

There is a replica Elmo Puppet for sale on Ebay. There is no information on the builder, but the puppet looks of very good quality. This too has issues of copyrights written all over it, but I do not want to get in to that here.

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3136707461&category=19229

All moral issues aside; I for one, think it looks great very well done. I don't think I would pay $500 US for it, but maybe someone else would.

- Blink :)
  2. Tztz

Tztz Member

wow!
    this looks great!

i suggest that someone will ask him how he did the nose!
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

That is one beautiful puppet, I wish I had that. Its virtually impossible to tell that from the real thing.

If you performed this puppet though, you would have to think about copyrights etc. And you would have to make your voice the same as the real elmo or it wouldnt be elmo. Thats the downside of this puppet, the only one though!

:) :p
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I think the texture of the fur is a little off what these for Elmo these days (it's a little lower quality) but it's a very, very good likeness. I doubt anyone will get to own it though, ebay usually de-lists items like this once they are discovered.
  5. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

It's really nicely done, but then elmo is probably one of the easier puppets to make.

As for the nose, look at the shape of it, make 2 pieces like that and sew it down the middle, stuff it with stuffing. That's how i did the nose for my beaker

/Anders
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Wow! Although I doubt that there was $500 spent in making that. You can get 2 yards of red fur for around $25, the eyes wouldn't be more than $10, fleece, felt, cardboard/plastic for the mouth...whatever. Not $500. Now, if it was for materials and labor.

GREAT likeness tho!
  7. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Could probably be made with a max $100 budget....
  8. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

:excited: I REALLY love that beaker! What a fantastic like-ness!
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Thanks, man :) Many people say the same thing, but i think i could do it better, hehe. The mouth is too wide, and it's made with non-stretchable felt. But it was a good try hehe... :crazy:
  10. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

IF he/she used the higher-end shag fur it could easily cost $60+ per meter/yard. Also, if he used Scott Foam (or something similar) rather than the cheap polyfoam or reticulated foam I could see the cost being a few hundred but Bork Bork is right, $500 is a stretch.
  11. Tztz

Tztz Member

maby what the seller ment was that he paid someone to do it (he didnt built it by himself) ...
  12. Muppetsdownunder

That beaker is excellent, I wish I had talent like yours, I could make my own puppets. I wouldnt think they would even have all the supplies here to do that.

Dont go selling it on ebay, lol :)
    :excited:
  13. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Hehe, i can't sell it, i already gave it away to a friend of mine for his birthday last year :crazy:
  14. Tztz

Tztz Member

this is one beautiful gift!
  15. Muppetsdownunder

I wish I got gift like that!

:)
  16. Struble

Struble New Member

Maybe the builder screwed up a couple times making it, that's why it's so much. Heehee.

Sh.
  17. Muppetsdownunder

You could be right! but you couldnt screw up that much could you? surely you could use the materials for something else or use it for another elmo.