Elmo Replica Here

lowercasegods

Reaction score
It's not the worst replica, but it does suffer from a little issue which I like to refer to as ILLEGAL!! Hats off to that cool cat from Australia who makes all those dead-on Muppet replicas yet has the integrity (and common sense) not to sell them or the patterns he uses, unlike this chuckle-head.

BEAR

Reaction score
The puppet looks great, but should not be sold on ebay like that. Do they know what copyright means? Oh dear... I love how they called it a "Professional Elmo Puppet". Professional? Not quite. Its not even authentic.

Is there any way to send this guy a comment or warning telling him that this is not allowed?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
that seller also was selling a Jim Henson puppet that looked great. aswell as bert and ernie. I guess it is illegal but they are from his collection I think and he just wanted to get rid of them, its not that bad, we cant buy the real muppets so why not buy ones that are pretty close. I do disagree with people buying these characters to start a show or give the characters a bad name, or make money out of them but I see no problem than just having them in a collection.

Melonpool

Reaction score
It's always been my understanding that if they clearly label it as a "replica" and not an actual Muppet, there's nothing that Henson/Disney can do. Otherwise, all those phasers and Han Solo gun replicas that are littered all over ebay would be taken off as well.

I'm not saying this qualifies, but there must be some reason that ebay hasn't pulled any of this guy's auctions.

Steve

MGov

Reaction score
there must be some reason that ebay hasn't pulled any of this guy's auctions.
Maybe nobody complained about it...

until now!

(insert maniacal laughter here)

Keeermit

Reaction score
Its when I see puppets like this on Ebay that I become even prouder of my own work :smile: That Elmo is way off as far as I am concerned, he looks like he has been bitten on the nose by a bee and is has swollen - and his eyes have shrunk..... poor little Elmo. also his hands are too small from what i can see... but maybe i'm wrong because it is a "professional" puppet after all :smile:
Also I am pretty sure that what he is doing is not illegal as long as you don't try and pass it as an original.... the world is full of rip-offs from LV handbags to bugs bunny costumes - But it is always is less quality as you can plainly see in the Elmo which is on Ebay at the moment. Plus this guy is probably buying them for half the price of a puppet builder then getting onto Ebay and selling them for double the price - I know of one other person who does that ( who will remain nameless - but you know who you are :frown: ) and pretends he is in a partnership with the builder.... naughty naughty

rtgentry

Reaction score
I tried to purchase some puppet from the guy who is selling the elmo. He has since changed his ebay Id to what it is now. He tries to charge like 1500$ for a kermit. Like Jarrod said before, his work is not even that great. He supposidly works for sesame street in one way or another . I remember his name being Micheal I think.

doctort13

Reaction score
$1500!

WOW! That's robbery, charging so much for a puppet who's creative rights are owned by someone else. I am amazed that somebody would pay that much.

BEAR

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
$1500!

WOW! That's robbery, charging so much for a puppet who's creative rights are owned by someone else. I am amazed that somebody would pay that much.
Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for a fake. That's ridiculous. If it were the real deal, I would be all over that!