1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo, Ready for Action! and his Overdominance

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by SSLFan, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Monday Morning Quarterbacking, I think they wanted to give her a smooth transition into the show. And a smaller 3 episodes out of 26 seemed like a way for the character to not come on too strong and be imposed. Of course, the next year, she was in virtually every episode, be it songs, skits, or the closing sponsers. It didn't really seem that strong, and that imposed... but the way the marketting and publicity departments are handelling the character speaks different.
  2. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I mean, l like Abby as a character, but this much merchandising this soon is a bit OTT for me. The other female characters have endured because they are not stereotypes.From a marketing perspective, Abby is a good idea, but i would give it a few years first. Not that i advocate a character as a revenue raiser, but she is a very good way to get income for the workshop, seeing as they are a non profit organisination.
  3. Krazedmuppet Active Member

Ive always thought that.

I love ALL Jim Henson charactors, BUT Elmo. My friends think its funny.

Sittin there watchin sesame street, Elmos world comes on
    "Oh GOSH! TURN IT OFF NOW!"

"I thought you liked muppets?"

"TURN IT OFF!"

Anyone else do this?
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Come now... do we really expect This?
  5. SSLFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Good one Drtooth.