Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It just still won't be the same, there will be a lot of changes for next year if Kevin doesn't come back. I can't see Elmo leaving the show at all in any way. If in the end Kevin will not return, they'll have to get someone else. :frown:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It just still won't be the same, there will be a lot of changes for next year if Kevin doesn't come back. I can't see Elmo leaving the show at all in any way. If in the end Kevin will not return, they'll have to get someone else. :frown:
"Elmo is bigger than anyone one man", has been said a few times recently. Sesame Workshop has also stated that Elmo will remain a huge part of Sesame. There's no doubt he'll still be around, but sadly Kevin just won't be performing him.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Kevin was actually doing more with Sesame now than Jim was around the time of his death.
Exactly. The casual fan just knows him as the guy who does Elmo. If you really follow SS like us, you'd know that this loss is really a BIG loss. Bigger than anyone could imagine. Kevin devoted A LOT of time to SS, more than people realize.

Seriously, this news of his departure makes me so depressed. A person whom was so instrumental to my childhood is now gone from the most wonderful children's show of all time. I hate it had to come to this. Within a week Sesame Street has been changed forever.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That picture is really starting to make me cry. I can't do this anymore! This has not been a good day for me. :frown:

Muppet fan 123- I know this is very hard to take and I just want to say that I know it looks bad right now, but we have to believe that things in the future will get better for both Sesame and Kevin.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They just started doing something really cool with Elmo to Elmo the Musical, which Kevin helped create, and everyone was so proud of.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Muppet fan 123- I know this is very hard to take and I just want to say that I know it looks bad right now, but we have to believe that things in the future will get better for both Sesame and Kevin.
You're right. It's going to be hard for everyone, but we have to think positive.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thank goodness the whole season 43 is already filmed, otherwise everything would be a big mess. At least they have time to find a new performer if Kevin sadly will not come back. :frown:

You're right. It's going to be hard for everyone, but we have to think positive.
Exactly. Think of what Elmo would do in a situation like this!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not to start off any rumors, but I wonder if Kevin already had someone in mind as a replacement. I know John Kennedy usually performed Elmo whenever Kevin was busy directing. But of course, we can't jump to conclusions.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's possible. But I'm not even going to think who they're going to get to replace him, hopefully he won't need a replacement.

Y'know I'm watching this video of Elmo and the talking fruit (the one where the food goes, "You want a piece of me!?") and I just love Elmo. He and Kevin better stick around or life is not gonna be easy from now on.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Did anyone else listen to this weeks Muppetcast? They talked about the issue a little bit and the lady that Steve had as a guest is a die hard Sesame Street fan, and the show means so much to her, and there was another lady recently that had the chance to meet Kevin and go to the set. both of the ladies stories of what Sesame and Kevin have done is so touching and now that will no longer be.

He would also do a lot of charity work, If any kid with the Make A Wish Foundation wanted to meet Elmo, Kevin did everything in his power to make sure that was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.