Elmo Makes Music - Again...

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well it's kinda early than I expected, but VEE has announced it's next Sesame Street Live show and...it's another repeat. Elmo Makes Music from 2006, which was originally Everyone Makes Music from 2001. Not to sound like the bad guy or anything but am I the only one TIRED of this storyline? Not to mention I was never really quite fond of this show to begin with.

Sure it had its fun moments (like Bert doing disco) but I always hold this show responsible for introducing that stupid TV screen that's smack dab in the middle of the stage. I REALLY dislike it, as I really miss the old-fashioned backdrops they would use for their earlier shows (1-2-3...Imagine! with Elmo & Friends should have used the OLD SET DESIGN!) I REALLY wish VEE would go back to doing things the old fashioned way, since nothing was really wrong with it to begin with. Plus, simple is better. And when seeing EMM back in 03', it seemed to be lacking what the earlier SSL shows were about...that sense of adventure and excitment. Like you felt you were actually going places with these characters.

Anyways, I know that VEE is doing all these repeats because of the economy and I completely understand, but...WHY THIS SHOW? A very good show that would have been fun to redo was Let's Be Friends. Heck, even Elmo's Coloring Book would have been a better choice. Plue, Elmo is the headliner for both so their would be no need to force him into the script more (I always considerd Everyone Makes Music to be Ernie's headline show). And EMM just finished touring not long ago (same with EHH) so this revamping was kind of quick, not to mention it's the THIRD TIME.

Excuse me for my long rant, but this really was just surprising to hear.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Hahaha! I Knew you would post something like this. I agree. They should have remounted another show. LBF and ECB are much better shows. But I do think EMM is a very good show too. Too bad their best show's EVER (Let's Play School and Sleeping Birdie) will probably never be repeated :-(

SSLFan

Reaction score
Lol yeah. Speaking of Sleeping Birdie, I saw this old commercial of it, and WOW! That show looked amazing! And that ad really makes me wish I could go back in time and see it! Everything looks beautiful, from the lights to the set and of course the costumes (that Big Bird looks amazing, so do Ernie & Bert).

VEE should take notes from their earlier shows. Since the past five or so years, the only show that's managed to get the classic feel of SSL back was WEGU. Of course nothing can beat WIGU, but it was a nice update. Seriously, I hope this company gets back on track, they have SO much potential & such a rich and wonderful history, and right now it's just dissapointing to see what's become of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hahaha! I Knew you would post something like this. I agree. They should have remounted another show. LBF and ECB are much better shows. But I do think EMM is a very good show too. Too bad their best show's EVER (Let's Play School and Sleeping Birdie) will probably never be repeated :-(
To be honest, if they did, they'd have to completely redo the show to accommodate Elmo. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they made him the star. And as that's a complete redo, it WOULD cost money.

I really can't say I follow this stuff (I want to sneak in and buy the souvenirs... I want to do that with Disney on Ice), but I agree that doing the same shows over and over can't help ticket sales. Maybe repeat viewers, but it doesn't quite make the money worth saving. A new show WILL get new viewers, where as it's dicey to think an old show will make up enough to be worth while to rerun.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Thanks Dr. Tooth. I realize that LPS and SB would have to be re written and re recorded, but the sets are in the warehouse. ECB and LBF, however, already feature Elmo as the star. You guys, the ticket sales have nothing to do with repeating shows, seeing as how the target audience grows out of going to these shows quickly and SSL pretty much has a new audience every 2 years, not including the adults who are fans of the shows who will see it every year no matter what. And be honest, even if SSL didn't make a brand new show for the next 10 years, you would STILL go see it just to see the small changes and JUST because your a fan. The children and parents in the audience, who have probably only seen the past 2 or 3 shows at most will see the remounted EMM or whatever because they've never seen it before. So yeah, repeated shows don't affect ticket sales, but the economy and competition does.

SSLFan

Reaction score
So will this show AT LEAST feature 16 characters, or will it be downsized as well? And is Zoe speaking in this show? Or being replaced by Abby again?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
UPDATE!

The video screen from EMM is completely gone! The set is entirely new. It's been scaled down a LOT. So now there's basically 3 "Theater" tours. Abby has replaced Zoe and Zoe is now the small understudy character...