Ehhhh. . . . I'll Bite

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you ever give public, on-the-street puppet performances?
As far as public performances goes, I got my feet wet at PBS for pledge drives, and one year I played a wise-cracking construction barrel for Vacation Bible School one summer (the kids really flipped over that). I haven't ever done street performances, however, I do live in a town that attracts a lot of street performers: we have an area in town that's essentially our version of Time Square (just a lot smaller and a lot cuter) where all sorts of artists gather, whether it's musicians, interprative dancers, indie filmmakers, whatever, so I'd probably fit in with a crowd like that.

Oh yes! Colin would have to be #2 in my book and Wayne Brady is #1. With Chip Esten at #3.
I like Wayne and Chip too. Like Kathy, Chip never seemed to get quite as much love from Whosers as the other guys, but it's interesting that he's moved onto NASHVILLE since then.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
As far as public performances goes, I got my feet wet at PBS for pledge drives, and one year I played a wise-cracking construction barrel for Vacation Bible School one summer (the kids really flipped over that). I haven't ever done street performances, however, I do live in a town that attracts a lot of street performers: we have an area in town that's essentially our version of Time Square (just a lot smaller and a lot cuter) where all sorts of artists gather, whether it's musicians, interprative dancers, indie filmmakers, whatever, so I'd probably fit in with a crowd like that.

I like Wayne and Chip too. Like Kathy, Chip never seemed to get quite as much love from Whosers as the other guys, but it's interesting that he's moved onto NASHVILLE since then.
Wonder why there isn't a lot of love for Kathy and Chip?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't about Chip, but I think much of the hate for Kathy was because she essentially replaced Denny Siegel after she was fired, and I know many Whosers really liked Denny since she could be one of the guys. Kathy, on the other hand, the producers restricted much of what she could do on the show.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't about Chip, but I think much of the hate for Kathy was because she essentially replaced Denny Siegel after she was fired, and I know many Whosers really liked Denny since she could be one of the guys. Kathy, on the other hand, the producers restricted much of what she could do on the show.
Why did the producers restrict her though?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why did the producers restrict her though?
Apparently the producers are "just weird" with female performers (apparently SNL has the same problem). Colin's wife auditioned once and the rejected her. Kathy was even rejected after he initial audition, but both Colin and his wife Deb kept fighting for her, so they gave her another audition and brought her on the show afterwards. Kathy's own theory was the producers didn't want to risk any of the fourth seaters possibly upstaging Ryan, Colin, or Wayne.

Are you a man or a Muppet?
I think I'm a Muppet of a man. Or, I could be a very manly Muppet . . . I'm not so sure myself. . . . Hmm. . . .

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Apparently the producers are "just weird" with female performers (apparently SNL has the same problem). Colin's wife auditioned once and the rejected her. Kathy was even rejected after he initial audition, but both Colin and his wife Deb kept fighting for her, so they gave her another audition and brought her on the show afterwards. Kathy's own theory was the producers didn't want to risk any of the fourth seaters possibly upstaging Ryan, Colin, or Wayne.

I think I'm a Muppet of a man. Or, I could be a very manly Muppet . . . I'm not so sure myself. . . . Hmm. . . .
Probably because both of them though that Kathy was funny, that's why.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah. I know Colin and Brad often have meet-and-greets after their shows, and I was hoping they would when they came to my town almost ten years ago, but they didn't - they had to hop on a plane for Florida after the show.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Nah. I know Colin and Brad often have meet-and-greets after their shows, and I was hoping they would when they came to my town almost ten years ago, but they didn't - they had to hop on a plane for Florida after the show.
Okay then. How about this? Favorite Sesame Street Muppets?