Ehhhh. . . . I'll Bite

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It always gave me laughs to be honest. How he just casually plays the piano (with his head even!) As the keyboards just constantly slip off. Seeing the piano split in half just took the cake. :laugh:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Now. Here's a more.... Trivial one?

Favorite MTV music video-styled song. This can also include stuff like ZZ Blues and Rebel L.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh wow, I just noticed you put down "Letter B" for the Beatles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now that's a little tougher, because there's so many of 'em that I really enjoy. "New Way to Walk," "ZZ Blues," "Wet Paint," the NTV bit, just to name a few.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nice!

ZZ Blues and Wet Paint. Catchy songs but both videos made me uncomfortable as a kid.... Mostly Jerry's snoring at the end and Wet Paint just felt like a really bad acid trip. Just with all the trippy 80's visual effects it had (I literally never watched MTV as a kid).

A New Way to Walk was also my jam. Though I was also a little weirded out seeing the camera zoom into the flashing "WALK" sign. (Eh, I was weird. :smirk: )

I honestly wished I had seen NTV more often as a kid. I literally only saw it three times as a kid when I was in kindergarten. One was after a paper crumpling segment, another was after the cartoon where an alien looks for the baseball diamond. I loved the way the Nickmatics looked, the flashing lights, the blue backdrop, flashing N, black and white flashbacks, and that cool MTV-styled "N" at the end. I remember once trying to find that song on 123 Sesame Street in 2003. Sadly, didn't get the chance because season 25 was taken off by then. :frown: When I found a screenshot of the song off Sesame Encyclopedia in 2006, I waited for months to see it again until it surfaced on YouTube in 2007. My 14-year-old self was so happy. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite thing about the "Wet Paint" MV was the close-ups of How Now Brown's feet dancing around in the puddles of paint - it looked like the kind of messy fun you weren't allowed to get into as a little kid, lol.