Ed Sullivan - The Fat Puppet

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Ive got lots of US News Clips from the time of Jims Death, And one of them has a Black and White Clip of Jim, Frank and Ed Sullivan.

Jim and Frank are holding a Live Hand Puppet, And Ed is saying hi to him, As Ed goes to shake the Puppets hand he tries to eat it.

The Puppet is really fat, He has like ten chins, and big cheeks and all that stuff.

Does anyone know where this clip comes from ?

It seams to be the ending of the show when Ed thanks his guests, So i should think there was a skit that went with it.

Thanks !

Ernie101

Reaction score
what show did they talk about jims death id like that tape.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ernie,

Probably nearly every News Bulletin in the world ?

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ernie,

It was big World news, So probably every News Station and News Bulltin had something to say about it.

Just take your pick of News Bulletins from May 16th 1990.

See ya

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Warrick's not confused. That clip really does exist. I saw it too in one of the retrospectives -- though for the life of me I can no longer remember which one. And I haven't seen any more than Warrick has. Sorry.

Ryan

Reaction score
I only saw a short clip too, and it was a 15 minute tribute to Jim Henson, when he won the Televison Hall of Fame award (or something like that). It's a really great show, with a big musical number snag by characters of the 3 main shows, as well as a speech by Frank Oz, and Harry Belefante. :wink: