E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

explorer801

Reaction score
disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com

I emailed them & got this reply:

"Thank you for your email regarding THE MUPPET SHOW. We value your interest.

We do not have any information regarding an expected DVD release for the rest of this series. We will let our Marketing Department know of your interest."

If we all e-mail them, maybe we will get a quicker release!

Mike

explorer801

Reaction score
This is what my e-mail said:

"The first 3 seasons of The Muppet Show are available on DVD. When do you plan on releasing seasons 4 & 5? Many eager fans are waiting. It's been 2 years since season 3 was released."

Mike

figmental

Reaction score
I could see these being pushed back to 2011 for a big Muppet marketing push to coincide with the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could see these being pushed back to 2011 for a big Muppet marketing push to coincide with the movie.
They always have the FIFTH season. And ALL of Muppets Tonight... and they could easily sell single disk best ofs for casual Muppet likers. Three year waits are NO excuse especially since they SAID it was going to happen this year.

At least we tried.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They always have the FIFTH season. And ALL of Muppets Tonight... and they could easily sell single disk best ofs for casual Muppet likers. Three year waits are NO excuse especially since they SAID it was going to happen this year.
And they can release new and improved editions of the Muppet movies on DVD. And a boxed set of Muppet specials (maybe a "Tales from Muppetland" set).

David French

Reaction score

At least we tried.
Sorry, but is it New Year's already? Because as far as I'm aware "this year" hasn't finished yet.

Ladies & Gents, most of you are going to have to be patient and wait. I'm sure Buena Vista Entertainment will be releasing the remaining seasons in due course.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but is it New Year's already? Because as far as I'm aware "this year" hasn't finished yet.

Ladies & Gents, most of you are going to have to be patient and wait. I'm sure Buena Vista Entertainment will be releasing the remaining seasons in due course.
TMS season 4 was announced for this year by Disney executives at D23 last year so that’s why members seem so anxious. It isn’t that we’re merely impatient.

Fall is the busiest time for season sets here in the US. There’s lots of competition from new releases of active programs and they all pour out on the market at once so it would be strange for the Muppets to come out in the third quarter. Also, pre-orders are usually announced at least 3 months before release date. Sure, it's not New Year's yet, but it's becoming less and less likely that this season will come out in 2010 as planned.

This time around might not be a rights issue either. Word is that many Muppet things have been delayed for next year's Muppet movie push. I didn't think season 4 would be part of that, but maybe so. If that's the plan, then it could be another year before season 4 comes out.

It’s really anyone’s guess, but I think the folk in this thread have acted responsibly by inquiring at the source. What’s wrong with that? It's not about patience, we're inquiring about the announcement made by BV Home Video. There should have been some sort of nibble by now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
TMS season 4 was announced for this year by Disney executives at D23 last year so that’s why members seem so anxious. It isn’t that we’re merely impatient.

Fall is the busiest time for season sets here in the US. There’s lots of competition from new releases of active programs and they all pour out on the market at once so it would be strange for the Muppets to come out in the third quarter. Also, pre-orders are usually announced at least 3 months before release date. Sure, it's not New Year's yet, but it's becoming less and less likely that this season will come out in 2010 as planned.

This time around might not be a rights issue either. Word is that many Muppet things have been delayed for next year's Muppet movie push. I didn't think season 4 would be part of that, but maybe so. If that's the plan, then it could be another year before season 4 comes out.

It’s really anyone’s guess, but I think the folk in this thread have acted responsibly by inquiring at the source. What’s wrong with that? It's not about patience, we're inquiring about the announcement made by BV Home Video. There should have been some sort of nibble by now.
Plus, patience is being able to wait a REASONABLE amount of time. Remember when the Fraggle DVD's first came out we had almost a year in advance knowledge of exactly when they came out, a long list of special features, and everything else to expect. It's August... even if this were to come out on Dec 31st, we would have known it by now... and when you say "expect season 4 in 2010" you should at LEAST have a rough estimate of when to expect it. What quarter is it going to come out at least, not even what month.

Now, we've waited over 2 years for the last volume, and if it was some sort of grand plan to hold over a season for a massive relaunch, it wasn't a very good one for fans. There are, again, 2 more seasons, Muppets Tonight, rereleases of movies in Super special editions (like Disney hasn't done that before), and prospects of smaller, single disk releases that could very well hype the movie back up. Why, even a complete series release after all 5 seasons have been released with a special extra disk.

If they're holding out for the film to start shooting, that's one thing. We get a nice bonus feature behind the scenes sneak peak. Even if we have to wait for them to make a teaser. But they could at LEAST tell us that. Last time, we had someone that had access to someone on the inside who told us every single detail, especially bonus features they couldn't get the rights to. Now, we're just sitting on our thumbs waiting for news that doesn't arrive fast enough.

If they indeed hold this over a third year for the movie, that's beyond annoying and frustrating. Again, season 5, Muppets Tonight. They'd work just as good.

And above all, if there's some garbage about retail, I agree that Fall's a busy time... but the problem is, again, The Real House Hos of Wherever City, Gordon Ramsey screams at people in a British accent, and Food Network's Celebrity Chef goes around and eats things at Restaurants vol 98. They're FAR too much oversaturization there. No wonder why no one buys DVD's anymore. The new shiny garbage has to sit at the top of the pile and beloved classics that are getting a big time movie have to wait for shelf space.

That said, if there is some annoying rights glitch somewhere, forget the song. Forget the episode. Just release the thing already.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well they could at least tell us something like give us some kind of hope ya know.

dwmckim

Reaction score
This is not only in reference to S4 TMS specifically, but the earlier comment that Disney's holding other stuff back for the movie push.

I can understand and support that to an extent, but while i think a lot of Disney's Muppet relaunch has been handled well, i do think that now they're overdoing it. They need to keep the momentum going...by putting the vast majority of their eggs in the 2011 basket, there's too much of a lull right now. As others have stated, it's just silly to wait til the movie for TMS S4 because they could get TMS S5 out at that time - or any other number of Muppet DVDs.

It just seems there's been all this wonderful hard work and careful planning done in the relaunch but now it's all grinded to a halt because they're taking too big a break from the spotlight before the Big Saturation. It needs to keep going, not start-stop, start-stop - we've seen THAT routine numerous times since 1989 and know how well that works by now.

So instead of TMS S4, what do we have? The Cat Cora internet cooking show. Not that it's not without its strengths but that doesn't even come close to where they need to be right now.

Plus, given that season five was the final episode of TMS, it would make more sense to want to aim for having that set ready to go for around Movie Time. Get S4 out now so fans are satisfied and they're kept in the spotlight. And that still allows a year for the next set so they're not too close together. With the release of S5, there can also be the hype and hooplah that comes with "all the TMS episodes now out on disc" and have a full series set released as well. (Normally i'm not a fan of a full series set having other extras that the devoted fans who bought the original individual sets missed out on but given how there's opportunity to correct some flaws with earlier sets, like trying to get the full season one episodes without the cuts or other should-have-been no-brainers like the entire set of original promos or the original J Prowse/C Stevens eps i would support these on a 120 episode box set)

I still am a supporter of Disney's handling of the Muppets overall (after really having to be won over) but this lull period is my first real major criticism and concern with their technique.