DVD Wishes

Rowbes

Reaction score
My wish

I have reluctantly accepted the inevitable truth that the "Jim Henson Hour" will never see video store shelves.

Having said that, I have one grand Dvd wish:
Gorch.

Did'nt hear me? I'll say it again:
GORCH!

It wouldn't need any fancy treatment, just slap it on a disc like the Ed Sullivan stuff.
NBC, HEAR MY PLEA!!!

matleo

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
The Valentine Special was a PILOT which introduced Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, Piggy, Link Hogthrob, Strangepork, and others made specifically for TMS.

BJ
that was Sex and Violence. The other TV pilot. it featured Sam Eagle, The Electric Mayhem, Swedish Chef, Nigel, Statler and Waldorf, Crazy Harry an early Piggy (played by Fran Brill) and an early Strangepork. Kermit and Bert also made cameo appearances.

The Valentine Special featured George the Janitor, Kermit, Mildred, Droop, and Crazy Harry (known as Crazy Donald there).

Hope this helps.

--Matt

Stulz

Reaction score
DVD Dreams

In additon to the things already mentioned:

The Jim Henson Hour: The Complete Series

The Muppets at Walt Disney World

The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show

Dinosaurs: The Complete Seasons 1-5

The Ghost of Faffner Hall: The Complete Series

City Kids: The Complete Series

Dog City: The Comple Series

Brats of The Lost Nebula: The Complete Series

Henson's Place

SS 1st episode

SS XMas Special from 1979 (Not Xmas Eve on SS)

SS 20 and Counting

Uncut Emmett Otter

Uncut Muppet Family XMas (region 1).. (yeah right!, not bloddy likely ...)

Muppet Meeting Films

The Muppets on Puppets

An evening with Jim and Frank

Collections of Muppet Guest Appreances

Muppet XMas Carol - Widescreen with any deleted songs and footage

Muppet Tresure Island - Widescreen with any deleted songs and footage

Very Merry Muppet XMas - Widescreen with Snoop Dogg & EM footage

Follow That Bird - Widescreen

Elmo in Grouchland - Widescreen

Muppets From Space - with songs and a much better script (I Kid!) :stick_out_tongue:

Oh and the entire 3 episode run of "Little Muppet Monsters"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They were actually 18 episodes on Little Muppet Monsters produced, only three aired though.

Stulz

Reaction score
hmmm

OK then,

The the entire 18 episode run of "Little Muppet Monsters"

:wink:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I'll be very detailed

I am an avid DVD collector (Henson and otherwise) and so far have about 150 discs. Here's my Henson DVD wishes:

The Muppet Movie- Collector's Edition

DISC 1- The Muppet Movie
with Digitally Remastered Widescreen Transfer (no pan and shlock)
5.1 Dolby Digital (in whatever languages)
Audio Commentaries with: 1) Brian Henson, James Frawley, Jerry Juhl, Jack Burns, Kenny Ascher and Paul Williams
2) Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, Brian Henson, and Frank Oz (a big wish here)
Infinifilm treatment with interspersed interviews
Kermit & Fozzie menus

DISC 2- Bonus Features

"Muppets Go Hollywood" featurette
"Looking Back on The Muppet Movie" featurette with all listed in Commentaries 1 and 2
"The Music of The Muppet Movie" with Paul Williams
"The Muppets Speak" with Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Camilla, Sweetums and the rest
"The Muppet Movie's Cameos" with as many cameo stars as are still alive, James Frawley and Jerry Juhl
"The Muppeteers On The Muppets" with Oz, Goelz, Nelson, Whitmire and archival Hunt and Henson interviews
Photo Gallery

The Muppet Christmas Carol- Collector's Edition

DISC 1- The Muppet Christmas Carol

Digitally remastered WIDESCREEN transfer
5.1 Dolby Digital sound as well as original mono/stereo/whatever
Commentaries: 1) Existing Brian Henson track
2) New track with Jerry Juhl, Paul Williams and Michael Caine
3) New track with Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Louise Gold, Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz

Disc 2- Bonus Features
Existing "Unwrapping A Holiday Classic" featurette and "On The Set" short
"Adapting The Classic" featurette with Brian Henson, Jerry Juhl, Gonzo and Rizzo
"The Puppeteers Speak On The Muppets" featurette with Whitmire, Goelz, Nelson, Oz, Gold, David Rudman and whoever else
"On Playing Kermit" featurette with Steve Whitmire and Kermit
"The Music Of The Muppet Christmas Carol" featurette with Paul Williams, the puppeteers, Caine and Meredith Braun
Photo Gallery

:eek: Whew! Your friendly neighborhood critic

That Announcer

Reaction score
Some more wishes:

The Muppet Junk Drawer: Assorted Specials and Appearances Guaranteed to Please the Muppet Fanatic (3-Disc Box)

Disc 1: Feature Length TV Specials

"The Great Santa Claus Switch" special
"Muppet Show- Sex & Violence"
"Muppet Valentine Special"
"Gorch"
"Elmopalooza!"
"The Christmas Toy"
"Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas"
Any applicable Fraggle specials

Disc 2: TV Episodes & Disney's Stuff

AT LEAST 3 episodes of "The Jim Henson Hour"
AT LEAST 5 episodes of "Muppets Tonight!"
AT LEAST 1 episode each of "Ghost Of Faffner Hall", "Secret Life of Toys", "Big Bag" and "Animal Show"
First 3 SS episodes
Muppet Vision 3-D with new inserted puppet footage replacing robots (possibly converted to red/blue 3-D?)
The Muppets Go To Walt Disney World

Disc 3: Meet the Muppets! (Kinda)

Muppeteer Interviews with Frank, Dave, Steve, Jerry, Louise Gold, Bill, Brian, Fran, Kathy and Karen
"An Evening with the Muppeteers and Their Muppets"- A panel style discussion like those at Muppetfest
"The Muppets' Music" with Paul Williams, Jerry Juhl, Kenny Ascher, Brian Henson, Frank Oz, the Muppeteers & 'the other' Ray Charles
Muppet Trivia Quiz to unlock a bonus surprise: your choice of "The History of Mahna Mahna" or "Oz vs. Jacobson"

What do y'all think? A collaboration between the three Muppet companies, with the profit divided equally. Reply to let me know what you think!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
Some more wishes:

The Muppet Junk Drawer: Assorted Specials and Appearances Guaranteed to Please the Muppet Fanatic...

...What do y'all think? A collaboration between the three Muppet companies, with the profit divided equally. Reply to let me know what you think!
The properties you listed are split between more than just three companies, there are about 6-7 owners in the productions listed), and although it would be cool for the small group of hard-core fans it is not a very marketable product to the general public (as it covers such a diverse target-audiance) nor would it be overly profitable to the producers. I would personally enjoy owning such a collection on DVD, but I am pretty sure it will never happen. But it is very possible that each (or at least most) of what you listed will be released on DVD in the future, just not all in the same product (for logical reasons). Also the content you listed would fill up more than three DVD discs (I mean, disc two is 20+ hours)

Of the feature length TV specials you listed:

"Muppet Show- Sex & Violence" will most likely be on TMS-Season 1 Box Set.

"Muppet Valentine Special" will most likely be on TMS-Season 1 Box Set.

"Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" is being released by HIT in October.
Any applicable Fraggle specials are being worked on by HIT to be released.

"The Christmas Toy" is up to HIT, and I hear they are considering it for 2006

"Gorch" is under NBC-Universal's control and it does not look like they care to release it.

"Elmopalooza!" is already out on DVD.

"The Great Santa Claus Switch" this is under Ed Sulivan (SOFA Productions) control, as of now they do not seem interested in it.

Of the TV Episodes & Disney's Stuff:

Parts of "The Jim Henson Hour" are coming to DVD (or already are on DVD), but sadly with the ownership split full intact-episodes are not likely ever.

Sources say that a complete box set of "Muppets Tonight" may be released by Disney if The Muppet Show box sets are a hit.

HIT Entertainment is considering and working on releasing episodes of "Ghost Of Faffner Hall", "Secret Life of Toys", and "Animal Show"

Big Bag is under Cartoon Network and Sesame Workshop's control, as of now there are now DVD plans.

The first 3 SS episodes are under Sesame Workshop's control and as of now they are not interested in releasing the old episodes.

Muppet Vision 3-D is under Disney control and being it is one of their most popular attractions they are not interested in selling it (yet)

The Muppets Go To Walt Disney World, this TV-special is under Disney's control and they say they are looking into releasing some of the older TV specials and productions on DVD in the coming years.

As for your third disc "Meet the Muppets!"; alot of that kind of content will be found on the upcoming box sets and/or future releases or re-releases of productions.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
They were actually 18 episodes on Little Muppet Monsters produced, only three aired though.
Actually peices of 13 episodes were made. Only 3 entire episodes were complete. Although the rest of the episodes could still be put together.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I woud like to see the complete season sets of Muppet Babies (in case this was not already mentioned...)