DVD Dreams

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I am a huge Sesame fan (and have been since I was born) and a huge DVD fan too. I own a ton of DVDs. There are a sesame street items I would do anything for on DVD. If you have any "dream DVD" releases please post. If you have any comments on my (or others') ideas please post. Thanks.

Here is what I would like to see Seasme Workshop release on DVD.

The Best of Sesame Street DVDs
DVDs encluding classic songs, skits, and stories - Each around 2 hours each. (no new footage- just some old school sesame clips). Could also be released in a box set and/or 7 individual releases. This would allow fans to relive the moments they grew-up on and enjoy the best of the show starting with the the orange oscar all the way to the era of Elmo (and all the great moments, songs, and skits in between). Each DVD would cover 5 years (half a decade) of Sesames famouse moments (except the first which would have 6 years).
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1969-1974
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1975-1979
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1980-1984
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1985-1989
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1990-1994
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 1995-1999
  • The Best of Sesame Street: 2000-2004
Bert & Ernie's Greatest Moments :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
2 hours of classic Bert & Ernie skits and songs; including "I don't want to live on the moon", Ernie sings Rubber Duckie, Bert doin' the pigeon, Ernie's clay sculpture of Bert, and much much more. I hope Sesame Workshop gets the banana out of their ear and hears the wish for this.

Don't Eat the Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan Museum of Art :grouchy:
Why is this great special no on DVD? It was the first time anyone saw Snuffy, it is full of un, and is a great Sesame production. It needs to get onto DVD.

The Adventures of Super Grover
This special from the 80s is great and shows the birth of of Super Grover.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I love the idea of all of those DVDs, especially the best of set. I would prefer them to be sold as one set, that would be the ultimate Sesame collection. Maybe they could wait five years for the 40th anniversary, and come out with one more DVD. That way, they could sell them in sets of four each. Then, for every five years after the 40th anniversary, Sesame Workshop should make another DVD that is sold separately but matches the cover art and format of these DVDs.

Have you considered sending this suggestion to Sesame Workshop? I think that sets like this would definately be a success!