D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's PARTIAL Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4124: Super Slimey

First Things First: "You'll never know who I'll kill if they play that again!"

Street Scene: Oscar is reading another chapter of The Adventures of Trash Gordon to Slimey, making Slimey wish he was a super hero as well. Although Elmo and Rosita think it's a stupid idea since he's so small, Oscar uncharacteristically encourages Slimey to go for it, after all he wasn't too small to go to the moon. Oscars makes Slimey a little worm size super hero costume, and "Slimey the Hero" goes off to save the day. Elmo and Rosita prepare to show the audience with letter of the day which is messed up as it's missing a piece of it, but Slimey saves the day by serving as the missing piece of the letter revealing that the letter of the day is 'N'. Meanwhile inside Hooper's, Miles and Gabi prepare to play a game of checkers, but Gabi is short one red piece. I don't know what happens next because next thing I knew Elmo was crying because his ice cream was locked inside Hooper's and is melting (hey Thursdays are my busy days)! Gabi calls Oscar and askes if Slimey the Hero can help, so Slimey the Hero shows up, crawls underneath the front door, and crawls back out with the key, so Miles is able to unlock the store and Elmo has his ice cream. Yes, Slimey the Hero certainly has saved the day!

New Bits:
* The talking broccoli askes a little boy what his favorite vegetable is, and it turns out to be broccoli.

Classic Bits:
* Like the last three seasons: "Do De Rubber Duck"
* "Ode to the Vegetables"

For The Count:
* The little boy the talking broccoli was talking to was named Pete.

That's all I really got to say today. I enjoyed today's episode except for Elmo. I give what I saw 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 stars, ah-ah-ah!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So are the new episodes only going to air on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from now on?

BEAR

Reaction score
It kinda looks like it. The schedule has been pretty sporadic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
It kinda looks like it. The schedule has been pretty sporadic.
Any days would be good except for Thursdays, when you really think about it makes my reviews in accurate (in case they were to air new bits when I can't watch it then they repeat it later this season and I see it not knowing it had already aired before)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if they will or they won't. Been relying on what Big Bird Fan had to say, but since I didn't get 4124 today (hoping for it airing tomorrow), rully can't say for sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I took the liberty of checking out the schedule for myself today, and here's what we're looking at this week: new episodes will air Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week. I'll defintely be able to see Monday, but here are the problems with Wednesday and Thursday: Wednesday I have a dental appointment and I'm not sure how the schedule will work out, and Thursday as you all know is my heavy school day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Snowths... So that'll make it 19 episodes by next Friday, 9/22/2006. And I've only missed out on 4110 and 4124. Rully hoping to catch the little bits I've missed out on or want to watch again when they start repeating the season's episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review

Sesame Street Episode Number 4125:

First Things First: Man I HATE that "you'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street" bit!

Street Scene: Elmo, Telly, and Baby Bear race into Hooper's begging Alan to change the channel so they can watch their favorite show The Alphabet Roadshow; they make it just in time to watch a human dresses in a chicken costume while juggling bowling pins say the alphabet. The host of the show, David Letterguy announces that the roadshow's next stop is Sesame Street, making Elmo, Telly, and Baby Bear absolutely psyched as they come up with strange and unusual ways to say the alphabet. Baby Bear begins to say the alphabet while waiting for his porridge to cool. Telly then says the alphabet while hopping up and down on his pogo stick. Old MacDonald's pigs sing the alphabet like a rock band. Afterwards, they film Elmo saying the alphabet while riding his tricycle thinking it was just as unusual as everyone else. Five minutes later, everyone's watching the completed episode on the air.

Cultural Reference:
* Whenever everyone's watching Elmo's part on the new episode of The Alphabet Roadshow, one of Old MacDonald's pigs complains about Elmo having too much screen time. Hmm, apparently we fans of Sesame Street aren't the only ones!

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Goof: The Alphabet Roadshow crew was filming Elmo riding his tricycle from behind the fruit stand which was off to the side of Hooper's, but the finished episode playing on TV shows the exact same angle we were seeing while they were filming him.
* Nitpick: recurring gag as the cameras used in Elmo's World were of the popular Sesame brand "NoLogo".
* Nitpick: One of the shows on the Camera Channel's schedule was Candid Camera.

Long Time, No Sees:
* Cecile the Singing Ball
* A very old Zoe (I believe from her first year on the show or so) sings about her name and the three letters that spell it.
* "Please Say Cheese"

Classic Bits:
* The Celery Bunch
* Elbows and Knees

New Bits:
* Healthy Storybook Moment: Hansel and Gretel bump into the witch's house, but they decide they don't want a sweet treat, and decide to eat bread crumbs for a snack instead.
* The Twiddlebugs take a family photo.

Elmo's World:
Yes believe it or not we had another new one today as we explore Elmo's World of Cameras. Elmo askes Mr. Noodle, some kids, and of course a baby how they take pictures with cameras; the French-accent Cheese is constantly popping in anytime someone says "cheese" for the camere but doesn't want his picture taken; Elmo counts how many pictures are taken of him which is six and one picture of the camera; Elmo then askes what can take pictures and what can't; Elmo then watches his friend Alyssia take pictures of her favorite things like her toys, baby sister, pets, et cetera; Elmo then watches the history of the camera on the Camera Channel; Elmo then learns more about cameras by talking to one.

For Count:
* I couldn't tell who played David Letterguy
* The Alphabet Roadshow's director, the witch in Healthy Storybook Moment, I think Mama Twiddlebug, definitely son Twiddlebug, and the camera were played by Fran Brill.
* I believe Gretel was played by Jennifer Barnhardt this time because it definitely wasn't Noel MacNeil like he previously was, not sure about Hansel though.
* Papa Twiddlebug and the French-accented block of cheese was played by Joey Mazzarino, but I simply could not tell who did daughter Twiddlebug.

Overall Rating: Today's new episode was a goody: the street scene was enjoyable, and so was the Healthy Storybook Moment; quite a few old bits today as well which was excellent; I'm just outraged that the new segment with the Twiddlebugs was computer animated and not puppetry; and a decent new Elmo's World; so I give today's new episode: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Grumble, grumble... Rully hating that we're missing out on these new episodes. Maybe tomorrow a repeat of 4125, though I doubt it.

The Hansel and Gretel Healthy Story moment... The one that I'll watch, but it's the one I have a major gripe against.
Elmo's World: Cameras was from last season Snowths. Me thinks it aired in 4090 along with the parody of Chasing the Cheese, unless those were both in 4089 instead.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing Elmo's World of Cameras before.