D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll try my best to catch the rest of this week's new Sesame Street.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4120

First Things First: "You'll never know who you'll meet on..." oh somebody just shoot me already!

Street Scene: Baby Bear is trying to write an updated version of The Three Bears Minus Goldilocks again, but can't think of what it should be about; until Elmo comes over and suggests he do a story about them in outerspace. Baby Bear likes the idea, and goes to work writing The Three Bears in Outer Space-space-space-space-space.The story kicks off with the three bears in their rocket ship in outer space-space-space-space-space because they want to find out what porridge would taste like in outer space-space-space-space-space; they prepare to dig in, when Papa Bear accidentally hits a big red button in looking for his spoon, now the bowls of porridge are floating in mid-air inside the space ship. Baby Bear gets stuck trying to figure out a middle to the story, when Zoe (and Rocco) enter the scene suggesting there be a cowgirl. Baby Bear starts writing again, the three bears are trying to get their floating bowls of porridge down when a cowgirl (Zoe) and her horse, Horse ride in. They are unsuccessful at trying to get the porridge until Horse suggests Papa Bear push the button again; so Papa Bear pushes the button, and the bowls of porridge land back on their table. The cowgirl and Horse ride off and the three bears prepare to dig in again, until the ship starts shaking. Baby Bear gets stuck again until Big Bird comes along for the ending of the story and suggests a tap-dancing chicken. Baby Bear writes the conclusion to his story; the three bears discover that their ship is shaking because of a tap-dancing chicken is dancing inside their ship. They chase the chicken all around but can't catch him; Baby Bear then suggests asking the tap-dancing chicken nicely if he would stop, so he does that and the tap-dancing chicken obliges and runs off for his Jitterbug lesson on Jupiter. With that, the three bears finally eat their porridge to discover that porridge tastes "just right" in outer space-space-space-space-space. That concludes Baby Bear's new story: The Three Bears in Outer Space-space-space-space-space.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: Zoe tells Big Bird about the middle of Baby Bear's story having a cowgirl, a horse, and "a whole lotta shakin' goin' on!". Obviously a reference to that old song.
* Nitpick: The same puppet is used for Horse as is Fred.
* Nitpick: Joey and Davey Monkey appear in Global Grover under different names.
* Nitpick: If you look cloesly, you can tell that the Elmo puppet used in Elmo's World after a pile of dirt had been dumped on him was the old puppet used the early-to-mid-nineties, and in CinderElmo, when Elmo was house-cleaning.

Celebrity Guest Star:
* I missed his name, but a celebrity was the letter 'I' in a Private I skit.

Long Time, No See's:
* Another animated Number Of the Day bit (with the music 'dun dun dun-dun...')

Global Grover: A new one today as Grover watches a boy play around in a park in the Phillipines.

Number of the Day: Count and Countess make it all the way to 20 today!

Elmo's World: Another new one as we take a look at Elmo's World of Building Things. Interesting, but the best part was when Telly kept interrupting by passing through Elmo's World getting tools and lumber for his project. Telly pulls off the age-old, yet funny stunt by appearing in different spots of a very long piece of wood carrying it across the screen.

Overall Rating: I loved the street scene, especially the running gag about the echo; it was nice to see a new Global Grover and Elmo's World; and I'm glad Count and Countess made it to 20; and the Private I bit was funny. Other than that, everything else wasn't all the spectacular; so I give today's new episode 1-2-3-4-5-6 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It was said here and in the Season 37 Thoughts thread there'd be new episodes from Tuesday-Thursday of this week. At least there's tomorrow, so hope you'll catch it Ilikemuppets.

Hey Snowth... Can you tell me more about the Private I sketch? Rully liked it myself.
Was the Iguana voiced by Joey?
Was Iris portrayed by Leslie Karrara?
And on the glass door to the guy's office, what was his name?
"I Am I, Private Eye"? "I, Private Eye"?
Just wondering. Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... It was said here and in the Season 37 Thoughts thread there'd be new episodes from Tuesday-Thursday of this week. At least there's tomorrow, so hope you'll catch it Ilikemuppets.

Hey Snowth... Can you tell me more about the Private I sketch? Rully liked it myself.
Was the Iguana voiced by Joey?
Was Iris portrayed by Leslie Karrara?
And on the glass door to the guy's office, what was his name?
"I Am I, Private Eye"? "I, Private Eye"?
Just wondering. Thanks.
Well, Private I is trying to find the missing letter of the day. I looks around his dark office (with his flashlight) and finds an iguana licking an ice cream cone; I do believe Joey did the iguana. He then finds an insect (a lady bug to be precise) on his desk. He thinks about how they might be adding up to something...Iris walks in as he's still investigating, and she tells him that I is the letter of the day, meaning he's the letter of the day. I do believe Iris was played by Leslie Karrara. As for his name, I think it was simply I, Private Eye.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's PARTIAL Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4121

First Things First: "You'll never know who you'll meet on..." oh somebody just shoot me already!

Street Scene: Zoe is playing pretend daycare, and is Miss Zoe, while her dolls and Rocco are her students. She has them in a pretend bus ready to go on a field trip to the park; wanting to be part of the fun, Telly wants to enroll his doll, Freddy, into Zoe's pretend daycare, but Zoe (and Rocco) claims there's no more room on the bus. Saddened, Telly promises to play with Freddy all day long, which becomes a problem when Baby Bear shows up for the baseball game he and Telly were supposed to play. After a trying time, Telly suggest they play Fantastic Freddy, Freddy's super hero altar ego. With that, Telly has Freddy dressed up in a little super hero outfit, and has Baby Bear play the part of the Dastardly Dinosaur, planning to eat the snack a group of kids are having at Hooper's. Zoe, returning from her pretend field trip wants to join in, but Telly won't let he since she and Rocco wouldn't let Freddy join in on the field trip. Zoe and Rocco apologize, and Baby Bear convinces Telly he should reconsider, so he does and Telly has Rocco be a super hero rock from a rock planet.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: We haven't seen Telly's doll Freddy in the longest time.

Cultural Reference:
* Telly - "If I ran my own daycare, I'd make a rule: no doll left behind". A reference to the No Child Left Behind Act.

That's all I really had a chance to see today, sorry I can't review anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry for the double-post, but I just realized I forgot to make another note on my last review; I really enjoyed yesterday's street scene, because is sort of had the feel of a season 34 show (when we got a Telly, Zoe, and Baby Bear overdose), and I really enjoyed season 34 a lot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, what's the schedule look like for this week as far as new episodes are concerned?

Oh, this is the 100th post in this thread BTW!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I MIGHT be able to see Tuesday and Wednesday, but I won't be able see most of Thursday.

ISNorden

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4120

Street Scene: Baby Bear is trying to write an updated version of The Three Bears Minus Goldilocks again, but can't think of what it should be about; until Elmo comes over and suggests he do a story about them in outerspace. Baby Bear likes the idea, and goes to work writing The Three Bears in Outer Space-space-space-space-space.The story kicks off with the three bears in their rocket ship in outer space-space-space-space-space because they want to find out what porridge would taste like in outer space-space-space-space-space; they prepare to dig in, when Papa Bear accidentally hits a big red button in looking for his spoon, now the bowls of porridge are floating in mid-air inside the space ship. Baby Bear gets stuck trying to figure out a middle to the story, when Zoe (and Rocco) enter the scene suggesting there be a cowgirl. Baby Bear starts writing again, the three bears are trying to get their floating bowls of porridge down when a cowgirl (Zoe) and her horse, Horse ride in. They are unsuccessful at trying to get the porridge until Horse suggests Papa Bear push the button again; so Papa Bear pushes the button, and the bowls of porridge land back on their table. [more details snipped] With that, the three bears finally eat their porridge to discover that porridge tastes "just right" in outer space-space-space-space-space. That concludes Baby Bear's new story: The Three Bears in Outer Space-space-space-space-space.
The echo, I assume, was inspired by the opening title on The Muppet Show's Pigs-pigs-pigs In-in-in Space-space-space... :big_grin:

Celebrity Guest Star:
* I missed his name, but a celebrity was the letter 'I' in a Private I skit.
Not to mention the Sam Spade allusions in that sketch: the way that "I" narrated the skit, the girlfriend's appearance, and the odd clues...

Long Time, No See's:
* Another animated Number Of the Day bit (with the music 'dun dun dun-dun...')
Oh yeah...trying to remember how the higher numbers' animations looked was fun; since 20's the upper limit for numbers of the day, the dramatic finish (number rises like a morning sun, as a "heavenly choir" note plays) brought back some great memories.

Global Grover: A new one today as Grover watches a boy play around in a park in the Phillipines.
Pretty cool...I didn't know Joey and Davey had Filipino relatives, as you pointed out under "nitpicks". *chuckle* Grover's clumsiness on the slide made me a bit uneasy, though!

Number of the Day: Count and Countess make it all the way to 20 today!
I was glad to hear the whole song again, too; the last time the Countess didn't get to yell "STOP!!!" was the first half of "Little Big Bird".

Elmo's World: Another new one as we take a look at Elmo's World of Building Things. Interesting, but the best part was when Telly kept interrupting by passing through Elmo's World getting tools and lumber for his project. Telly pulls off the age-old, yet funny stunt by appearing in different spots of a very long piece of wood carrying it across the screen.
Telly's sight gag was indeed a highlight of that sketch; his building a tiny triangle from that huge board made me laugh a bit, too. Whoever chose Ms. Noodle to demonstrate building with blocks made a smart choice; no more of the "building things is for boys" stuff I saw on TV as a kid!

Overall Rating: I loved the street scene, especially the running gag about the echo; it was nice to see a new Global Grover and Elmo's World; and I'm glad Count and Countess made it to 20; and the Private I bit was funny. Other than that, everything else wasn't all the spectacular; so I give today's new episode 1-2-3-4-5-6 stars, ah-ah-ah!
You and I had about the same impression of that episode...pretty good, but even some of the newer ones have been better. (Do we really need to see one version of the Fruit/Veggie Dance in each new show?)