D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, most likely I'll be able to catch Wednesday's new episode; but as for Tuesday and Thursday, that's a fifty-fifty chance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm afraid there won't be much chance for reviews this week; apparently my PBS station has replaced Sesame Street with two new shows, some Big World show and a new Curious George show, and moved it to early morning where I won't be able to see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Life was good to me today, because I got to see today's new episode of Sesame Street; so...it's time for D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4119

First Things First: Dang it, they brought back the "You'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street!" bit today!

Street Scene: Big Bird wants to play with Maria, but she's too busy at the Fix-It-Shop with Luis. He then wants to play with Alan, but he's too busy tending to Gordon's grocery list, and Gordon is too busy buying groceries for him and Miles. Sad to have no one to play with, Big Bird wishes that Maria, Alan, and Gordon were little kids so he could play with them at their leisure. The Fairy Godperson grants Big Bird's wish and he transform them into little children. It's really funny, because young Alan had long hair, and young Gordon had an exceptionally curly afro. Big Bird and the young Maria, Alan, and Gordon start off by playing a game of tag, followed by a game of hopscotch, then a Birdkateer meeting, with a game of follow the leader. After awhile, it becomes obvious that the grown ups are needed desperately as Luis is over-run with ticked off customers, Baby Bear is dying for a bowl of porridge, and Miles is wondering where his dad is. Big Bird needs the grown ups back as well when he not only sees all the commotion on the street, but has a thirst for Alan's birdseed milkshakes. Big Bird wishes them to be grown ups again, which Fairy Godperson grants. As grown ups again, Maria, Alan, and Gordon can see they are all desperately needed so they resume their chores for the day.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Goof: in this episode, young Gordon has a full head of hair, yet in Elmo's World of Babies, Elmo has a baby picture of Gordon, and he's still is as bald as ever.
* Nitpick: Fairy Godperson's next stop after granting Big Bird's first wish is referencing Dragon Tales as he prepares to "fly with dragons in the Land of Heart".
* Nitpick: Fairy Godperson for some reason didn't look quite a "menicing" as he used too...must be the eyebrows.

Long Time, No See's:
* Zoe shows a clip of how dance is for people of all ages.
* Another "What will grow in your garden?" bit.

New Bits:
* Do the Vege-Dance bit, similar to Do the Fruit Dance from #4117
* Sesame Street Dinner Theater: Guess What Were Having for Dinner?
* Cookie Monster sings a song about food as we watching little kids eating healthy food.

Classic Bits:
* Ernie (performed by Jim) is baby-sitting his baby cousin Ernestine and tries to find how they are the same in anyway.

Number of the Day: Were back in Count's castle with Countess for the number seventeen.

Overall Rating: Great and funny street scene today, and I'm pleased to see an old bit with Jim's Ernie...but the whole healthy eating goal is starting to wear itself out, besides wasn't the main educational goal for this season supposed to be preparing for school and everything? Well anyway; I give today's episode: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 and a half stars, ah-ah-ah!

Note: My Goofs and Nitpicks part of the review will now replace my Trivial Observations.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... It was an OK episode, but kind of meh also.
Will post thoughts in the Season 37 Thoughts thread later.

The Fruit and Veggie Dance bits were from last season.
Ernestine is Ernie's niece, not cousin.
Thought Fairy Godperson's remarks after granting Big Bird's first wish was a reference to Dragon Tales.
Did you spot the reference to Classic SS in the Street story? Gordon's list of groceries remind you of anything?

And there was a new Trash Gordon segment at the end as well.
Hope this helps, look forward to the next one of these.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Ernestine is Ernie's niece, not cousin.
I destinctly heard Ernie say Ernestine was his "little cousin".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Will have to catch this one when it repeats then to make sure.

And did you catch the reference I mentioned?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The age-old "loaf of bread, container of milk, a stick of butter" bit?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. Never gets old, made me laugh when I heard that. Just like how Richard Kind as the Fairy Balloon Person from last year made me laugh when they got away with a direct reference to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yep. Never gets old, made me laugh when I heard that. Just like how Richard Kind as the Fairy Balloon Person from last year made me laugh when they got away with a direct reference to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
That episode was an instant classic; I'm glad I taped it!

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks, Snowth. Another nice review.