D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Snowths... *Trying to defuse some of the little ripples of bad vibes.

The "You'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street" bit doesn't bother me that much.
It's this year's opener segment, much like the Celebrity Moments from Season 35 and Stay Happy, Stay Healthy from Season 36.
The Come Up and Play bit... That on the other hand has annoyed me since Day 1. Unfortunately it's here to stay, hopefully just this one season.

Snowthy... Few things.
There was also the more recent song "In My Room" by Ernie, where Bert comes in at the end to say "It's my room too!"
Frank's only other Cookie Monster Letter of the Day bit, L where he sings these snatches of music to keep his mind off of eating the cookie.
The third word Alan gave the rhyming class was "dig". Little Joey, the Elephant replies "Texas Two-Step! Oh no, I got my dances mixed-up. I meant to say "jig"."
Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
The third word Alan gave the rhyming class was "dig". Little Joey, the Elephant replies "Texas Two-Step! Oh no, I got my dances mixed-up. I meant to say "jig"."
Hope this helps.
That might explain why it sounded like they rhymed "thing" with "ding", my hearing isn't all that great.

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the latest review, Snowth. Unfortunately, I've missed the last few episodes including today's new episode. Hopefully I can catch the encore presentation of it tomorrow.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Thanks for the latest review, Snowth. Unfortunately, I've missed the last few episodes including today's new episode. Hopefully I can catch the encore presentation of it tomorrow.
Looks like tomorrow's another rerun from season 35.:cry:

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Looks like tomorrow's another rerun from season 35.:cry:

Yeah, but where I live, SS comes on 3 times on 2 different stations. They are all different episodes. One is a new episode, another is the new ep. from the day before, and another is a rerun usually.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4117

First Things First: Thank you for not playing the "You'll Never Know Who You'll Meet on Sesame Street!" opener today!

Street Scene: Elmo changes his name to "Jelmo" in honor of the letter of the day: the letter 'J'. "Jelmo" starts jumping all over Sesame Street since jumping starts with 'J'. He jumps over to the Fix-It-Shop and is disappointed because Maria is fixing a toaster which starts with 'T', until a customer brings in his juicer, then "Jelmo" gets excited since juicer starts with 'J'. The customer is upset because instead of making juice, his juicer makes music; and not just any music: the "Jitterbug", which makes "Jelmo" even more excited since jitterbug starts with 'J'. "Jelmo" jumps over to the birdkateer meeting, where Mary and her Little Lamb are participating in the nursery rhyme reading "Mary Had a Little Lamb". "Jelmo" is disappointed because Mary, nor the Little Lamb start with 'J', so Mary changes her name to 'Jenny', and changes her Lamb's name to 'Jam'. The Little Lamb is furious and leaves, but in walks a jar of jam ready for "Jenny Had a Jar of Jam". "Jelmo" wears himself out with all the jumping and falls asleep in front of Hooper's Store; meanwhile, the customer, Little Lamb, and Bug from Elmo in Grouchland are all doing the jitterbug, after the customer decides he doesn't want his juicer fixed after all.

Long Time, No See's: Bug from The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland makes a cameo in this episode towards the end of the street scene where he dances the jitterbug with Little Lamb and Maria's customer (Maria nor "Jelmo" seem to recognize him);

New Bits: Comparing how Baby Bear says "good night" and Rosita says "buenos nochas" when they go to bed; "Do the Fruit Dance" live-action/animated bit; Sesame Street Dinner Theater: Eating Dinner as a Family; Super Wendy animated bit;

Number of the Day: The Count plays golf and takes 9 swings to putt the ball out of the sand trap.

Trivial Observation: I noticed that talking broccoli muppet is doing what Papa Bear and the big-jawwed red monster did last season.

Overall Rating: As much as I really LOATHE this word just as much as I loathe the jerk who says it all the time, I found today's episode to be "rubbish"! The storyline of Elmo changing his name to "Jelmo" and wanting to all things 'J' was soooo stupid!; sadly, I give today's episode: 1 star, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... But there was so much else good jam-packed into this jiffy episode.
Yes, that's 2 J-words for you, you young whippersnappers.

Will post thoughts later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry; but I had to help out with my dad today (still recovering from surgery you know?), so I missed today's new Sesame Street.:frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone knows what the new episodes look like for this week? (Monday, Wednesday, Friday? Tuesday and Thursday? Monday THRU Friday?):confused: :confused: :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Snowths... Big Bird posted that there'll be three new episodes, during the middle of the week from Tuesday to Thursday. All we can do is watch and hope that's right.