Drusilla

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...Oooooooh... <watches head spin>

<Ahem> Well, let me take a moment to say that I love how you handled that little canonical issue of the home video of the Muppets knowing each other as babies. VERY nice, and very fitting to the Muppets. :wink:

Also... whoa...

...This is gonna be iiiiiiinteresting. Very, very interesting...

<Pats Robin's head> Poor little fella's petrified of cooties, it seems. <Sigh> He'll get over that when he's older...

<Hugs Drusilla> Poor thing. This won't exactly be easy for her, now will it? Love her drawing in the sand, though...

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is GREAT, Alpha! I'm really loving it--sorry I hadn't been keeping up before but I promise I will now (you have Lisa to thank for that :wink:).

You have Robin down, spot-on. Kermit and Sweetums were both characterized really good. My favorite part so far was Pepe teasing Robin about Drusilla, TOO funny. It's good to know that no one is immune to the proddings of the prawn, hokay.

Also... much like everyone else, love the Muppet Babies exchange between Kermit and Robin, very smooth. :big_grin:

MORE PLEASE!

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Don't worry Count, more coming and you will learn more the Coon cat fellow.

Ah yeas, the Muppet Babies home movie problem...I don't think Kermit can explain it.

Yes Robin does seem to be petrified of cooties, but he's probably seen how his uncle reacts to Miss Piggy most of the time that you cant really blame him for being afraid.

No it won't be easy for Drusilla, but once she's at the boardinghouse she's going to develop very special friendship with two Muppets, but I won't tell you who they are for now, you'll have to guess!

About Pepe teasing Robin. When Kermit was telling everyone about Drusilla I originally was going to have Pepe say "Girlfriend for Robin then." But I thought that was making him sound like a match maker.

I must remember to put spell Pepe's okay with H. 'Hoaky!

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Chapter six

Once downstairs Kermit called another meeting.
“Everyone I have something important to tell you all.”
“Yo Kerm, who’s going to host the show while you’re away?" asked Clifford.
“Kermit? I was thinking maybe I could host the show?" said Nigel the conducer. “Like I did in the Muppet Show: Sex and Violence.”
“Wait! When did we do a show like that?" asked Pepe.
“You told me it was called No More that ‘Word’ and Violence," said Sam.
“It is called that, I just call it S…”
“Please!" said Sam. “There are ladies present!"
“So what do you say Kermit? Can I host the show?" Nigel asked again.
“You’re not going to do another Seven Deadly Sins pageant, are you?" asked Sam.
“How come no one told me we did a Seven Deadly Sins pageant, hoaky?" asked Pepe.
“Has anyone seen my Gorilla detector?" asked Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
“Quite!" Kermit yelled.
“So then I said I don’t care what Brittney did her music video I’m not wearing a see-through body suit with nothing on underneath it…oh," said Janice.
“I just called Piggy and leaned that Drusilla has Pervasive developmental disorder or PDD for short," Kermit told them.
“Is it life threatening? Does she need to go to the hospital?" asked Fozzie.
“No, it’s not life threatening. It’s a…”Kermit began to say.
“Already got it up on Wikipedia, boss," Scooter said. “What’s it say Scooter?" Kermit asked.
“It says, The diagnostic category pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), as opposed to specific developmental disorders (SDD), refers to a group of five disorders characterized by delays in the development of multiple basic functions including socialization and communication. The pervasive developmental disorders are Pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS), which includes atypical autism, and is the most common, Autism, the best known, Asperger syndrome, Rett syndrome and Childhood disintegrative disorder. It says symptoms of PDD may include communication problems such as Difficulty using and understanding language," Scooter read.
“Piggy said, she has that problem," Kermit told them.
“Difficulty relating to people, objects, and events; for example, lack of eye contact or pointing behavior.”
“That too," said Kermit.
“Unusual play with toys and other objects, difficulty with changes in routine or familiar surroundings, and repetitive body movements or behavior patterns.”
“Piggy didn’t say anything about her having those problems.”
“Wow, Piggy for sure must really have her hands full," Janice said.
Kermit nodded. “That’s why we all need to pitch in and do what ever we can to help when Drusilla gets here.”
The Muppets nodded and murmured in agreement.
“I’m already checking Robin’s school to see what kind of special needs program they have," Scooter said.
“Thanks Scooter, I’m sure Piggy appreciate it too," Kermit told him.
“Uncle Kermit!" Robin called coming down the stairs and stopping halfway. “I’m all packed," he said coming down the rest of the way.
“You, and Robin better get a move on boss, your train leaves in half an hour," Scooter said.

After many goodbyes and saying Nigel the conducer could host the show, much to Sam’s disgusted and Pepe’s excitement. Kermit and Robin were finally on the train “You mean we get to spend the night on the train," Robin asked when he and Kermit entered they compartment.
“That’s right," Kermit said, enjoying seeing his nephew excited for the first time since they had leave for Lighthouse Island.
“I’ve never been on a train overnight! Can I have the top bunk, please?" Robin asked hopping up and down.
“OK, just be careful getting in and out of it.”
“I will. Uncle Kermit?"
“Yes.”
“Why do you think it’s called Lighthouse Island?"
“I don’t know Robin, maybe the island is shaped like a lighthouse.”

Piggy sighed the day was almost over. Kermit had called earlier to say that he and Robin were on their way. All Piggy had to do now was give Drusilla a bath. Tuck her bed, read her a story, and sing her a lullaby.

It was storming again and Drusilla was staring out her bedroom window. The ghost watched from across the room.

Piggy entered Drusilla’s bedroom.
“Drusilla dear, it’s time for your bath," she said trying to sound motherly.
Drusilla didn’t reposed; she just kept on looking out her window. Piggy gingerly walked over to her.
“What? What is it? What’s out there? What do you see? Point and show me what you see," Piggy said in gently voice.
Drusilla said nothing and did nothing. Piggy lead her away from the window too the bathroom. A cap full of Mr. Bubble brand bubble bath and the bath water not too hot and not cold, that was Drusilla like her bath. Taking off one glove Piggy tested the water. Drusilla stood to the side wrap up in a towel deep in thought. Piggy took off her ring and other glove and helped Drusilla into the tub.

Your maternal instincts will kick in," Gideon had told had told her. “Mine did," he had said.
Gideon, you don’t have maternal instincts, you have paternal instincts," Piggy had said to him.
Maternal, paternal the instincts they kick in and you just know what to do," he had told her.

Drusilla let her arms dangle over the side of the tub. Piggy was scrubbing her back. Drusilla could of done it herself, but she was far too busy thinking her complex thoughts.
“The fish are dead," Drusilla said slowly in a small voice.
“What?" Piggy asked surprised.
“The fish are dead. My Daddy’s dead. My Daddy’s dead like a fish.”
“No Drusilla, not a like fish," Piggy told her.
“My Daddy’s not a fish.”
“No, he was a cat.”
“I don’t like fish.”
“You don’t have too.”

After bath time was over Drusilla change into fresh underwear and nightgown.
“Here we are already for bed," Piggy said tucking Drusilla in. “Here's a nice picture of your Daddy," Piggy said showing her a picture on her nightstand. They both looked at a picture of a muppet orange and white Maine Coon cat. “Let’s see it’s time for your bedtime story. What would you like moi to read to you?"
Drusilla didn’t say anything.
“Well then moi will just pick one randomly," Piggy said going over to Drusilla bookcase. She picked out a thin paperback picture book. Walking back to Drusilla’s bed and sitting down the edge. “Sarah’s Lion by Margaret Greaves, illustrated by Honey de Lacey.”
After Piggy had read to her she still had to sing her a lullaby. She would have sung Hush Little Baby, but somehow that song didn’t seem right. Suddenly a song came to her it was her favorite song from Peter Pan.
‘Once upon a time and long ago
I heard someone singing soft and low
Now when day is done and night is near
I recall this song I used hear
," Piggy sung looking down at Drusilla. Unbeknownst to them Gideon’s gosht was standing on the other side of Drusilla’s bed.
My child my very own/My child my very own
Don’t be afraid /Don’t be afraid
You’re not alone/You’re not alone
Sleep until the dawn/Sleep until the dawn
For all is well/For all is well," Gideon couldn’t help singing that part with her and for a moment it seemed that both Piggy and Drusilla could almost hear him.
Long ago this song was sung to me
Now it’s just a distant melody
Somewhere from the past
I used to know
Once upon a time and long go.’

After Piggy finished singing she leaned down and kissed Drusilla lightly over her right eye.
“I’ll stay with until you’re asleep," she whispered.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... That was nice and sweet. Thanks for posting this. More please?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I was too tired to read this when it was posted... so I read it the next morning, and then had to rush out the door... and when I got back, I was exhausted... So... NOW I'll reply!

I love Scooter's quick research there, and all the Muppets being concerned for Drusilla, and Robin's enthusiasm about riding on a train overnight. But I ESPECIALLY love the Drusilla scenes. Poor little thing... And every mention of Gideon's ghost gives me the shivers. Incredible.

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just got caught up on this and I still really love it! I'm learning alot about PDD and it's very interesting! I like how Scooter looked it up in Wikipedia. I like how you've really got everyone pretty well in character in fact! Great stuff, keep it coming!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm Monsters are so hungry... We want an update right now! Please?