Dr. Suess series...

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I've been wondering: When did "The Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess" air on television? Did anybody here used to watch it?
We've had conversations about SESAME STREET, DINOSAURS, FRAGGLE ROCK, MUPPET BABIES, THE MUPPET SHOW, MUPPETS TONIGHT, THE HOOBS, STORYTELLER, BEAR IN THE BIG BLUE HOUSE, the new/upcoming MUPPET SHOW ... but no WUBBULOUS WORLD... :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
I never got to see but a handful of these episodes. As a huge fan of Dr. Suess and his creations, I was pretty excited at the prospect of a series, but I felt it kind of lacked. I would have much rather seen them create specials based on the books, rather then try and create a new series.

The Muppets were fantastic though, and I got most merchandise I could from the show (my easy chair is a resting spot for a 4 foot Cat In The Hat).

It also allowed the Henson company to experiement with new "toys", as the backgrounds never existed and were all computer generated scenes.

So overall, I love the merchandise and get as much as I can, but I wasn't bowled over by the show. (I do want to pick up the videos someday though)