Download the Muppets' Oz Teaser Promo

What are your expectations of the new Oz film?

• One of the best Muppet films ever

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Not like the 1980's, but pretty good

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • It will be a disappointment

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I'm happy with anything Muppet at this point

Votes: 34 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were watching Disney's Christmas Parade you no doubt noticed a highlight for Muppet fans, the first televised airing of the teaser promo for the May telefilm. It featured all never-before-seen clips from the movie, some Muppet cameos and even a Muppeteer cameo.

In case you missed it, here is the one minute teaser trailer you can watch over and over again. Check it out and let us know what you think. (You will need to unzip the file and watch it in Windows Media Player.)

Find out who is in the movie in our Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I think the film will be good. It will not be the #1 Muppet production of all time, but it will not be the worst (probally not even in the bottom 10). I'm excited to see the Muppets back in a new production for the first time since the 2002 tv-move, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. It will be a made-for-TV movie (not a theatrical film) so it may not live up to the 6 movie (Muppet Movie, Muppet Caper, Muppets take Manhattan, Christmas Carol, Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space), but it will be an excellent addition to the already huge library of TV specials (Muppets go to the Movies, Muppet go to Hollywood, Rocky Mountian Holliday, Muppets at Walt Disney World, Muppet Family Christmas, Very Merry Christmas Movie, ect.). I can't wait to watch it, and from what I've seen (and read) I have no complaints about the production. Let's hope enough people tune in to watch and we are able to see the Muppets in more productions in the near future.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm leary and have a bad feeling about it, but I'll try and be open minded and optimistic about it.

beaker

Reaction score
I felt like vomiting. It's been a good ride. Muppets: 1955-2004.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
beaker said:
I felt like vomiting. It's been a good ride. Muppets: 1955-2004.
HA! That made my day, It really made me laugh, thank you!

christyb

Reaction score
Well, like everyone I'm apprehensive. But I will write a review of it (for kicks) once I see it. That way I can bash it all I want. *evil laughter* :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Positively... the only things I can say is... uh... Scooter's in it. And ... errr... I guess the Tarrentino (sp?) cameo would be good.... It looks good here and there, but I am not holding out much hope that it'll be that good.

Remember a while back, long time ago when I said I'd rather see the Muppets in a movie at all, no matter how it is? Well... eating my words isn't so bad. They are dry, though. Anyone have some maranara...?

I mean, up until the "American Idol" type crap, it had potential... I don't think it'll suck too badly, but Considering that Disney made Palisades kill their line, even making them available only on web stores, I don't think anything good will come of it!

christyb

Reaction score
Well after watching it (the trailer)...I'd have to say unless this movie surprises me I'll be VERY disappointed. I will buy Oz when it comes out (my mother doesn't call me "Muppet Nut" for no reason). But hey I've been wrong before. I like Home on the Range and that Trailer stunk too. I have to agree with Dr. Tooth. The movie had real potential until I found out that all "Dorothy" wanted was to get famous. Stick her in a twister and give her a respect for her family but FAME??!! :rolleyes: . Give us a postive message Disney, Muppets Holding Company, whatever you call yourself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am not holding out any hope. I will see it, and buy the DVD... might as well, you know. But I agree, unless they just happened to make a crappy trailer, I'm not going to expect much. I do like the idea of her becoming famous... but not in an American Idol sort of way....