Doozer Cartoon series probably happening at this point

Drtooth

Reaction score
Remember almost 3 years ago when Henson planned a Preschool CGI Doozers series that went no where for just that long?

Apparently, it's going into production now. Which basically means there's a good possibility that it could actually happen, as long as Henson doesn't screw it up. And at least we'll see some interest in the property to warrant a movie on some level, or at the very least put some Doozer merch on store shelves.

Plus it's all CGI and probably outsourced, like Dino Train was... so that alone tells you there's a lower probability that this isn't going to happen than before.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay! That's good for the FR franchise, that at least something new will come out of it...I know they were creating three new Doozer kids to be the stars, but I'm really hoping for maybe some small appearances of a Cotterpin or another pre-existing Doozer.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Cotterpin is my favorite character in the live-action FR. Yes, I work hard, but I love to have fun too. So, I would to hear that Cotterpin might appear in the cartoon series.

bandit

Reaction score
Hmm... It's an interesting idea but I just wish it wasn't in CGI. I know that is the trend these days but it would be cool to see the actual puppets in action again.

Still, it is a good sign for a slow ressurgence of Fraggle Rock into the mainstream media. I guess this makes the Doozers kind of like Henson version of the Penguins from Madagascar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm... It's an interesting idea but I just wish it wasn't in CGI. I know that is the trend these days but it would be cool to see the actual puppets in action again.
I sort of feel that way too, but part of me says, how is a CGI version of the Doozers any different from this:

On the one hand, I'd love to see a real Muppet version of the Doozers, on the other hand, this is an animated series spinoff anyway... and if there's ONE thing Henson has been able to sell, it's CGI programming, be it Waldo controlled Sid the Science Kid, or completely animated Dinosaur Train. Plus, the relative lack of expense also means they don't need a buzillion business partners to have to try and woo. The ONLY reason why we haven't seen a movie.

Other than that, it all depends on how the show is for me to judge one way or another. If it's as adventurous and inventive as those other 2 shows, I'd give it a shot... if it's another Dora/Mickey's Clubhouse/Blues Clues type deal, I'm not interested.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hope this works out, and is an indication that something could be happening with Fraggles beyond the constant stream of pre-production news.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
A Doozer Cartoon? Seriously? Are the Fraggles to be in it at all?
I just don't see this thing working. The Doozers are the most boring characters in FR.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I Really don't think that will happen in a millen years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I Really don't think that will happen in a millen years.
And yet, every time there's a faint glimmer of a news update about the film, even if it's one that's several months old, you consistently believe the movie's going to happen.

What it comes down to is this. it's far cheaper and easier to do a CGI preschool show than a movie with a big enough budget to build a crapload of puppets from scratch.

I doubt it's very likely either, but it's a much more fiscally sound way to revive the property than having to woo 3 different production companies at a time to get a big enough budget film off the ground. Henson just needs an animation studio here, and just slap their label on it, just like Dino Train.

A Doozer Cartoon? Seriously? Are the Fraggles to be in it at all?
I just don't see this thing working. The Doozers are the most boring characters in FR.
It will work in the matter of a target audience discovering Fraggle Rock through Doozers, not those who discover Doozers through Fraggle Rock. Plus, do we really want to see CGI Fraggles voice by Canadian voice actor sound-a-likes?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Speaking of boring, Bert's boring. And i LOVE Bert! Boring's a matter of perspective. To the Fraggles, Doozers are boring. And at the beginning of the series, we saw the Doozers from the Fraggles' perspective. Then we got Doozer-centric episodes where we see things from the Doozers' point of view and we learn there's more to Doozers than meets the Fraggles' eye.

"We were never being boring because we were never being bored" - Zelda Fitzgerald