Does the Disney purchase of Henson affect the Palisades toy line?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So I was just wondering (since Disney toys suck) if the new buyout will affect the Palisades Toy license, if it will affect it in any way. It may still be too soon to know, but I for one got worried for Palisades right away. Disney is known to screw over old deals with little regard for existing contracts.

If (most likely) Palisades keeps making the toys, it might be worth it to pursue the toy license again, as there are tentative plans to make a new show. OK, this is all old news by now, but I wanted to recap a little for those of you who haven't heard anything yet so I can get all of your opinions/ thoughts on this. There are a few opinions in particular that I am looking for here (Count, Fozzie {both}, Luke, Phil and of course Ken). If I haven't mentioned you I am still looking forward to your opinion, I just wanted to point out my most sought after opinions.

Thanks for your time!!!

josh.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Maybe Disney might actually license Disney characters to Palisades, leading (I hope) to ******* Disney Action figures of Animatronics at DL and WDW.

Ryan

Reaction score
crazy ernie said:
Maybe Disney might actually license Disney characters to Palisades, leading (I hope) to ******* Disney Action figures of Animatronics at DL and WDW.
I hope not, we don't need more Disney toys out there.

BTW, try and watch your language around here. That kinda stuff will get you kicked off.

Luke

Reaction score
It is too early to say, but something will have to happen. Palisades (and Sababa etc) hold a license for the Muppets with the JHC, but JHC won't own the Muppets. It'll all be down to what happens between Henson and Disney, whether they want control over who merchandises what right from the start or whether they are happy for things to be transferred and just carry on. We'll see.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I really hope nothing will change with the figures and other Muppet licences. Other wise, I'll be mad, Disney toys suck, they are cheap toys at expensive prices.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Dagnabbit!!!

Now I got to usin' my country swears!!!
Shee-Oot!!! This could be very bad indeed. Disney toys do, indeed suck. And they have some kind of exclusive license regarding their movie/ Disney character toys. I have no idea whether or not this extends to their subsidaries or not, but most of their action figure toys smell worse than my socks after the Greatest Race.
Thanks for your time and insight Luke. And the rest of you for your opinions. I'm sure this will work out and since Henson had some kind of deal going with Disney since 85 or something, the toy license is probably protected for Palisades... We'll see. :smirk: :concern:

jediX

Reaction score
Well, and the MTI and MCC movies were done in affiliation with Disney, too, and they have/will be done by Palisades. So who knows.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't screw around w/ Palisades license :concern: But in a way, in terms of merchandise, we might see more Muppet stuff at say, stores such as the Disney store, that would be pretty cool.

Erine81981

Reaction score
If something happens to the action figures then there goes my life. But since I have faith in the JHC for not letting them take the Action figures. I think someone should write to JHC and ask them about this.