Does anyone remember "Smedley's Weekly"?

mjreid1972

Reaction score
Dear Muppetiers :sympathy:

Right at the time I was 7/8 and watching "the Muppets" at home (usually) on Friday evenings, there was a puppet show my grade 3 teacher allowed us to watch on Wednesdays called "Smedley's Weekly"?

The set was a newspaper office hence the title of the show.

I might not be completely accurate there, but "Smedley's Weekly" was definately a puppet show that was screened on channel 2 in Australia, also known as the ABC. I remember watching it during school holidays.

I don't know if it was a Henson series or had any connection to it. Maybe it was an Australian series, would any other members remember this one? :search:

Wendy Pollock

Reaction score
Hi Mj,
I was just singing the opening song to my children, Boy bites dog on the leg, Angry ma beats egg, put your headlines out from under your hat and put them in the news, Smedley's Weekly Extra Extra Read all about it read all about it in Smedley's Weekly news! I was looking it up on google and Wikipedia has a small amount of info about it under Gary Files I hope this info helps. It used to be on the ABC . I hope this helps. You tube don't have anything on it unfortunately.