Does anybody remember Crash Dummies?

rexcrk

Reaction score
They were the coolest toys! They'd have a body, two arms, two legs, and a head that you'd but into the right spot on the body. And then, once you have them all put together, you could make 'em explode by pressing buttons on their stomachs! They were made by Tyco. Anybody remember these?! Anybody know any sites w/ Crash Dummies info?

Marble Didymus

Reaction score
I sort of remember them. I *think* there was a cartoon if I'm not mistaking.

On a related note, there is a Canadian Band called the Crash Test Dummies. The wrote the song Mmm mmm mmm mmm, which was the basis of Weird Al's Parody, Headline News.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I noticed that there was a band called Crash Test Dummies (thanks to the Internet :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: ) it's very irratating when your trying to look for the toys on eBay :stick_out_tongue: .

Thanks for the reply! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do remember them

They statred out as a series of PSAs, and featured Lorenzo Music and (Name unknown) the guy wo voiced Roy on Dinosaurs, as Vince and Larry. After a while the characters became so popular (Like the California Raisins) they spawned a series of action figures (can't tell if they were directly related to the PSA characrters).

Fox Kids aired one special featuring the characters, CGI, I belive..

I have a few of the Viewmaster reals....