Doc and Sprocket

BEAR

Reaction score
I really like these characters, especially when I saw them in Muppet Family Christmas, but can anyone tell me the significance of their roles on Fraggle Rock. I mean there is a whole power ladder with the 3 main groups (Doozers, Fraggles, and Gorgs), but what does Doc add to the picture? Is there some other meaning I am not getting? :smirk:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The Doc & Sprocket stories parallel and underscore the stories in the FR world, strengthening the themes of each episode. This also demonstrates how our problems aren't so different from the problems of others (Fraggles, Gorgs, and Doozers in this case, other cultures in the real world). Not only do they provide this juxtaposition, but they also provide our window into the Fraggle world via the hole in the wall. Without a human character, we'd just be looking at some 'other', some fantasy, but to have humans in the picture makes them even more real because they venture into our world and interact with it.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BEAR

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for you thoughts. I sorta believed that, but i wanted to know how others on here saw it being that there are a lot more Fraggle Rock fans and you all know more about the show than I do as I never really got much into it before I bought the newly released DVD set.