• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

camilla

Reaction score
I voted for Rowlf. I really do not likre Pepe and thiink he is overexposed especiall in the last couple of movies. if Rowlf is too buig what about Sprocket or even foofoo

Camilla

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I'm not going to vote for Rowlf unless they can fit a piano in that basket of Dorothy's. Rowlf seems better as a solo performer and I don't think he'd mesh very well with the other star characters if he were always lingering around them. I'm sure the Henosn writers are heavily embelishing the part of Toto to fit one of their characters though (so he can do more than hide in a basket or reveal strange men behind curtains), and I'd rather see Rowlf than Pepe; but personally I think Rizzo would be perfection in that role. His imitation of Mickey Mouse in the lobby display in the Muppets 3D attraction at Disney World just struck something in me that makes me think he'd do a wonderful impression of a yippy little dog.

And if that doesn't convince you that he's perfect for the role, just think of the fact that both dogs and rats carry fleas! I'll betchya didn't think of that, huh?! HUH?! :crazy:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
I'd rather see Rowlf than Pepe; but personally I think Rizzo would be perfection in that role.
I couldn't agree more. This role is made for Rizzo's smart aleck comments. I'm sure they can find a way to balance Steve's work between Rizzo and Kermit. Plus, I wouldn't think Toto would have that many lines.

The Pepe backlash is great though--he works best in very small doses.

jediX

Reaction score
I already have a thumbs-down opinion on this film concept to begin with, but I just can't see how Pepe would even work in the role. If they push him to the front like they have done with other characters, he will probably end up suffering the same fate as Clifford, Bean, and virtually all of the 80's characters that got pushed then vanished. Now, Pepe has a very good persona, but 1hr 45mins of him wound be a headache -- assuming he will has many lines.

If they want to make Toto into a lead character, I feel Rizzo would be the best bet if Rowlf isn't picked -- I prefer Rizzo's backtalk over Pepe's.

But as far as I'm concerned, I wish the Muppets/Oz fusion would leave it at 'Muppets go to the Movies'... ... ... ...

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
:sympathy: Hands down.

I totally agree with Matt that this whole movie is a huge mistake, but yes, if I had to pick it would be Rowlf.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love ol Rowlf and all, and I agree he needs a bigger role in the movie... however, Toto is not like Rowlf... Toto got in trouble alot, and Rowlf seems more like the guy to make wisecracks in a bar.... I don't see him running around and gettung them lost.

I like the Pepe idea, and Rizzo would work great as well... but here's an application no one thought of..

CAMELLA..... think about it.... out of all four of them, she's the most like her animal counterpart, and since Toto is a non speaking regular dog, something more animal like would be good...

Of course, Animal would be good too, but Eric's busy with Fozzie, I'd say....

Whatever

Reaction score
I would like to see more of Rowlf, but Pepe's casting made me laugh- a King Prawn dog! That is probably the point. I imagine some joking over this.
Dorothy:"Toto, Toto, where are you? Come here!"
Pepe: "I am here, okay!" :rolleyes:
Dorothy: "What! A shrimp?!"
Pepe: "I am a King Prawn, okay!"

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
More Rowlf would be good, but Toto is the wrong role for him... :sympathy:

I mean, Toto was a yippy little dog, Rowlf is a big mellow guy with a dry wit.

Small and yippy? Sounds like Pepe to me... :rolleyes:

Plus the Prawn/Dog jokes coulld be fun... See other thread for Zack's suggestion:
"I'll get you my pretty, and your little prawn too!"

- Derek

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok, this may seem a little off topic (sorta), but why the heck does everyone think that this will be a bad movie? Have the Muppets ever done ANYTHING badly?! Well, there was Kermit's Swamp Years, but I belive the only thing that movie lacked was good humans and more classic Muppets. Other than that, I really can't think of anything Muppet related that I wouldn't wanna get on DVD :attitude: I personally think this will be awesome, I mean, look how they pulled off The Christmas Carol and Treasure Island! They were both awesome movies :cool: