Do you think Nigel is wimpy?

Saironi

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Nigel the conductor is wimpy, how did that start? If anything, he seems to be passive aggressive. It seems as where Kermit would scream his head off, Nigel just makes a sarcastic comment that could count as a threat; case in point, he may or may not have been bluffing to replace Zoot. In "Sex and Violence", he does seem to get annoyed with Envy and sort of "calmly" yells at him. I think the only time he's ever shown real temper is at the end of the Kaye Ballard episode when Rowlf agrees with what the rest of the band said about the theme, he barks "Play, hound. Play!", as if he was willing to let Floyd call his taste in music lame, but not take it off a dog.

Anyone agree with what I'm saying?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I sometimes thought Nigel was mildly Bi-Polar the way he acted. But yeah, Passive-Agressive makes perfect sense with him. It really fits how he acts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Before I saw Sex and Violence, I expected Sam the Eagle to bully/ boss Nigel around a bit, so I was surprised at the portrayal of both characters in the special. It seems like Sam was actually less grouchy/ annoyed at the shows weirdness than usual in that special.

It seems like the only time in that special where Nigel was wimpy was at the end, when the Sins are about to gang up on him. he seemed to ask for help taking care of the sins and let Crazy Harry blow them up.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Saironi said:
I wouldn't say Nigel the conductor is wimpy, how did that start? If anything, he seems to be passive aggressive. It seems as where Kermit would scream his head off, Nigel just makes a sarcastic comment that could count as a threat; case in point, he may or may not have been bluffing to replace Zoot. In "Sex and Violence", he does seem to get annoyed with Envy and sort of "calmly" yells at him. I think the only time he's ever shown real temper is at the end of the Kaye Ballard episode when Rowlf agrees with what the rest of the band said about the theme, he barks "Play, hound. Play!", as if he was willing to let Floyd call his taste in music lame, but not take it off a dog.

Anyone agree with what I'm saying?
Good Point

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Saironi said:
I wouldn't say Nigel the conductor is wimpy, how did that start? If anything, he seems to be passive aggressive. It seems as where Kermit would scream his head off, Nigel just makes a sarcastic comment that could count as a threat
I agree, I was surprised about the "wimpy" label too after seeing Sex and Violence. I think he kind of looks calm and small, I think that's where it started.

Timotheus

Reaction score
I like Nigel; his remarks can be caustic yet funny (and, in my view as a musician, his personality is quite like the typical conductor). Who or how did the whole thing of him being wimpy get started?