Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

Cantus

Reaction score
Does this mean that we'll be seeing DVD's of TMS or TMT episodes from Disney now? I hope so, I don't want to have missed the boat on the DVD's.

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
I talked to some person who works for Disney on the phone. Its not going to be Disney's Muppets :wink:. It will stay Jim Henson's Muppets. If they have a show, after the credits it will say Jim Henson then it will say Walt Disney Pictures.

I'm Sorry about the way I acted. Thank you a_mickey_muppet and bobhopesite for telling me the real truth about Disney's muppets. And that they should be Jim Henson's Muppets.

Good news for all Muppet Central fans. It is staying Jim Henson's Muppets, we will never see the name Disney's Muppets.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Disneys Muppets said:
Its not going to be Disney's Muppets :wink:. It will stay Jim Henson's Muppets. If they have a show, after the credits it will say Jim Henson then it will say Walt Disney Pictures.
IF what you are saying is true, good. But I'm more curious about the products. Because if you were ever to see the name "Disney's Muppets," as opposed to "Jim Henson's Muppets," it would most likely be there on the merchandise than the TV shows or movies. If "Jim Henson" stays, I'll be delighted.

As for the end credits for past Muppet and Bear shows, if they keep the "Jim Henson Productions" or "Jim Henson Television" image, then follow it with "Walt Disney Television" or "Buena Vista Television," that would be acceptable. Because that would show the name of the company who produced the shows and then the ones who own and distribute them now, similar to Turner/MGM, Fox/MTM, and other studios.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
I'm kinda curious about this supposed Jim Henson end credit. Would this be as in a Jim Henson logo card or just a "Characters created by Jim Henson" text credit (which is probably a contractual condition anyway)?

:cool:

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
If they have a show, after the credits it will say Jim Henson Television then it will say Walt Disney Television.

cottonpip

Reaction score
to be honest i am devastated and not that i can speak on behalf of jim but i am sure he did not want it to happen either but it was gonna happen sooner or later disney like to have fingers in a lot of pies . I have never been a fan of disney that was what the beauty of the work that jim did the guy was my icon and if it wasn't for him i basically wouldn't have had a childhood so in my eyes it's like a big kick in the teeth all that fighting he did whilst he was alive to keep the "disney vultures" as it were at bay was a waste of time and it seems to me it was in vain but hey that's just my personal opinon :halo:

Disneys Muppets

Reaction score
I use to like Disney's Muppets. But now I hate it. Jim Henson would be turning over in his grave if he saw Disney's Muppets.