Disney's Widescreen "for Dummies"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It isn't to make them look cooler, it's because widescreen is becoming the new format. Commercials are another matter. Many new programs are shot on widescreen so they will be compatible in the future. It increases their syndication value too. Yeah, they could crop the widescreen image for TV, but why? It adds more expense to properly crop the shots without cutting out important information and directors don’t like it. Some programs like Boston Public shoot in widescreen and broadcast that version on a separate signal. I’d actually rather see the image in widescreen. I can't believe that after all the widescreen threads and discussion on MC there’s still quite a bit of confusion about the issue.
I still think that it adds to the "rediculously melodramatic" factor to ER and Boston Public!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I still think that it adds to the "rediculously melodramatic" factor to ER and Boston Public!
I don't see anything rediculous or dramatic about widescreening an image. Did you read my post? I said that Boston Public broadcasts their image cropped and has another signal that broadcasts widescreen (for those who have a cable hook-up and widescreen TVs). A director usually wants their entire image broadcast and that (along with the changing format) is why widescreen is becoming a TV trend. :rolleyes: I think you just have your mind already made up on bad information.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
As an art student, I'm really surprised at your reaction to this. I figured you would be a little more aware of the artistic nature of widescreen.

Besides the fact that in a few years we all will have HDTVs in our house, and that will be a big impact on everyone's lives. Especially those in the arts. Regardless if it is print, celluloid, audio, etc. It will have ramifications on everyone. As an art student I would think you would be a little more aware of this situation, and excited at its possibilites.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Dude, widescreen is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

I used to be one of those people who HATED it, but then Disney released "Sleeping Beauty" in widescreen---and I had to see EVERYthing that was created for that film.

After that, I realized the importance and neccesity of widescreen, and we are now lovers.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
...and Byron hasn't left his house since. LOL! Just kiddin! (ducks):zany:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
:sympathy: I am a dog in the dog house, and all I have is an old movie projector

:attitude: Hey everybody, I am a bird, and have no room in my nest for widescreen tv sets. what is the big deal? who can buy new tvs every day anyway ?

:smirk: at Fraggle Rock, we just watch Boober try to burn the rocks for laughs

Does nobody else want to enjoy these great faces? They are hialrious!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
How come you laugh when he insults you, Byron?
Because it's farce.

Obivously I cannot have sexual relations with "widescreen".

It's a visual idea, not a physical object.

Really!

It is!

:stick_out_tongue: