Disney's Muppets

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, he said a few months ago that Roy Disney and Stanley Gold were making their own "Rainbow Connection" with the Henson family or something like that. :smirk:

But true, half-true or neither, they're still entertaining articles.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
But true, half-true or neither, they're still entertaining articles.
I actually don't find them that entertaining - the questioning style seems very poor to me. It irritates me when i see things that blatently aren't true but he makes out they are possible rumors he's heard. 90% of an article is usually just basic information that he has pulled from press releases or other articles but made a bit more mysterious with his style. Also when he's wrong (like the Roy Disney thing) there is no acknowledgement of it yet he's still supposed to be an insider and people seem to think he is really well connected. If he was that well connected he wouldn't make massive mistakes like that and i don't know how people can still trust him. I know he has been well connected in the past but i've also had people very close to him tell me privately that it isn't so much the case now and he's trading on his name more than anything else.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
I actually don't find them that entertaining -.
I figured he meant "entertaining" like tabloids are entertaining. That's what I was thinking about. Tabloidially speaking, Jim Hill articles are entertaining.

I've still been warned not to put much stock into them, though.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i do get the tabloidy element in them - I don't particularly seeing the point though in writing sensationalist articles on Muppets and Mickey mouse in order to make a few bucks and a few fanboys scream but i guess it takes all sorts. It's quite funny that he partners with AICN and they've been known to do exactly the same thing.

It's a good job Jim Hill hasn't seen the Piggy 'breast' picture that was doing the email rounds. Can ya imagine that? He'd probably have this whole story worked out how Piggy was caught in a compromising pose because Donald Duck gave her too much champagne, was trying out his new camera and got carried away. He could do a day by day report on the legal case as her lawyer Randy Pig fights to get an injunction against the picture being published.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
and a few fanboys scream .
HA! Embarassingly and without any reason to admit it, I turned major fanboy only 3 times in my life:

Met Susan Sarandon and couldn't speak..."muhblah brr mmffpth."

Met James Cotton (blues harpist for Muddy Waters, then on his own) and I couldn't think of anything to say that sounded smart.

Met Elwood Blues/Dan Aykroyd and this is when I got around a corner where nobody would see or hear, and I hopped and hooted once, but was pretty well contained after that.

King Jim

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Several sources have confirmed to us that it will be Disney's Muppets in some form. According to where things are right now, Disney doesn't own the name "Jim Henson", just the Muppet and character names. Apparently Disney likes the idea of just using the title "Muppets", "Disney's Muppets" or "Disney Presents the Muppets" because with Disney's name attached it means something new and different whereas "Jim Henson's Muppets" donates a historic legacy. So if things play out according to plan, we will not see "Jim Henson's Muppets" used on any production. I think Sesame Workshop even uses "Jim Henson's Muppets" on their credits, so that may have to change as well after the 35th season.
Your right Jim Henson created the muppets he's like there Father. :smile: :stick_out_tongue: