Disney XD orders live-action puppet comedy "Crash And Bernstein"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
ugh those mr meaty puppets oh my there even creepier than the puppets on british series spitting image lets hope the puppets on this disney series don't look like that

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are getting at.

1. why would they call this a muppet production when it has nothing to do with the muppets other than one guy
2. What are you talking about with disney being too strict? Are you saying you WANT disney to call the muppets "puppets?"
3. What do the muppeteers have anything to with anything you are talking about or this show?
1. Well, they could call the puppet character a Muppet and thus keep it a fully in-house production

2. Disney hasn't let the performers be seen AT ALL except for at the end of SNL and maybe a few other appearances, whereas the performers should have had SOME sort of feature on the DVD that is actually behind-the-scenes.

3. I just said it. The Muppeteers don't get any sort of recognition on the Blu-Ray aside from the commentary, whereas in previous behind-the-scenes features for other films they are at least mentioned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. Well, they could call the puppet character a Muppet and thus keep it a fully in-house production
Hypothetically, they could. They could get Puppet Heap to build it, they've got someone who has worked with The Muppets before, and they could even call it a Muppet series. Hypothetically.

Though they also could keep it a separate puppet project from the Muppets (even if they use Puppet Heap) for branding sake.

All and all, it's too soon to tell, but I'm sure there could be the same problem Henson's having with their Puppet Neighbors series being coined as a new Muppet project by uninformed internet entertainment reporters.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Yeah, whenever the media reports on something that involves hand puppets of any kind, there will be at least one outlet that refers to them as Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.