Disney to Release 'Muppets Movie' Next Thanksgiving

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I almost didnt believe you at first but I looked it up and it seems you are correct. YES! We get to see the muppets a month earlier!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's the best weekend they could release it! It shows Disney's confidence and determination in the Muppets' future. Yaaaaaaay! (waving arms about) :smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if we got a new muppet movie every other thanksgiving or so?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That is FANTASTIC! Love, love, LOVE the idea of releasing it then instead of Christmas. Do you all realize that we are now less than a year away from seeing this? Amazing!

Can I ask what your source for this info was, man? Not that I don't believe you, just wondering!

EDIT: Never mind... a quick Google search answered my question quite a few times. :stick_out_tongue:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Good move. Thanksgiving open is just as "prestigious" as a Christmas open plus not only is it sooner but it frees the Muppets up to do more Christmas promotion and still makes it seem more as a "2011" movie as opposed to coming out the last week of the year.

And - now it's less than a year away :smile:

The way i've been feeling lately, the idea of the new movie and all the promotion attached with it is literally the thing that's been keeping me going and getting through on a daily basis. It's nice that i'll be able to see it before i turn 40 and not after.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
That is FANTASTIC! Love, love, LOVE the idea of releasing it then instead of Christmas. Do you all realize that we are now less than a year away from seeing this? Amazing!

Can I ask what your source for this info was, man? Not that I don't believe you, just wondering!

EDIT: Never mind... a quick Google search answered my question quite a few times. :stick_out_tongue:

yep..google :smile: yea no prob dude!

Luke

Reaction score
Great idea, yea it's better as their pre-Christmas movie, not a post christmas one. It'll get tons of attention and shows that the footage coming back from the set must be VERY encouraging.