Disney really getting ready to use the Muppets to help teach kids about...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Well--Muppets Wiz of Oz was created by the Disney company so it was not bad. Perhaps that is how they will make it-the show I mean. Perhaps they will keep them in character and won't baby the audience or any of that stuff. I'd still watch it. Oh and if Beakie and Bunnie are to probably star. I'd squeal like a little girl. XD EEEE!

Ok ok ok.

But yes. Maybe we should not be so negative toward Disney.

*Beaker and Bunsen singing how to type on the computer*

D: NOOOOOOOOOO!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned how Jim Hill said that the Muppets were filming specials with the cast of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Yuck.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned how Jim Hill said that the Muppets were filming specials with the cast of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Yuck.
yeahh
horrible horrible horrible
im going to go and watch my ollld muppet stuff
because thats way better
and it probablly will be better for awhile.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In my opinion, nothing will be better than the original works, period. But, it sounds like nothing has been decided yet anyway.

I honestly don't mind if they target them at kids. I dislike the fact that "kids entertainment" is looked down upon so much. Especially when it's usually ten times better than the "adult entertainment" out there (unless it's dumbed down kids entertainment).

The Muppets didn't appeal to kids and adults separately, they appealed to them both with the same humor. Kids could appreciate the adult humor, even if they couldn't fully understand. Adults got the jokes but also enjoyed the innocence.

Another reason I don't mind targeting them at kids is that the more recent projects have been a little too "adult."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting how there seems to be a few anonymous sources. Still, I think this idea would be better as a direct-to-DVD special, maybe if done similar to how the Play-Along videos were made (only with more familar characters... especially non-generic characters who are more familiar to us fans than casual fans:wink: ). If it becomes a series, I hope that the Mupets don't get dumbed down, especially not as dumbed down as the Looney Tunes were on Baby Looney Tunes.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Personally, I think putting The Muppet Show on Disney Channel (DURING REASONABLE HOURS) would be a step in the right direction. What better way to introduce all the great characters than the way WE were introduced to them? Maybe put Muppet Babies on Playhouse Disney or something too. Does it cost them extra to show The Muppet Show on TV even though they own the Muppets now? I see no negative reason to show it on TV, then they won't even have to come up with new ideas either :smile:

Oh yeah and I guess I'm the only Disney Channel fan here, 'cause I would love to see the Muppets interacting with the casts of Suite Life, High School Musical,etc. :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm torn. The Muppets coming back to television...yes, yes, yes please. The Muppets being dumbed down and Kermit teaching Piggy about technology? No, no, oh please no.

"A mouse, Kermie? Oh but moi hates mice, Kermie. Are you sure it's safe to touch?"

On the other hand if it's an intelligent show, appealing to intellectuals and if Piggy has a pink laptop then perhaps I'd watch it, and perhaps it will appeal to YouTuber-type people. Who knows?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ugh no way this is the worst thing that could happen who are these people in charge of the muppets! gimmie a break *shakes head*