Disney Princesses

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, what's everyone's opinions on the Palace Pets? I personally hate them (WHY DOES RAPUNZEL GET LIKE 900 OF THESE THINGS BUT POCAHONTAS ONLY GETS ONE?! AND HAVE WE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE ACTUAL ANIMAL COMPANIONS LIKE FLOUNDER AND SEBASTIAN?!)
Disney wants to squeeze every dollar it can from the princesses. That's obvious. The Palace Pet line up pretty much shows they're running out of revenue streams for those characters, and it does look a might desperate, especially ignoring actual palace pets from the actual movies.

It's things like that why I find the Princess sub-brand so obnoxious. Disney owns so many darn brands that if it has to make up sub-sub-brands like that, they're just desperate for the money of little girls' parents. I agree. Ariel has Sebastian, Flounder, and that dog that was Eric's that I can't remember the name of. Oh, but they're not "girly" enough. They needed to retroactively add tea cup puppies and primped kitties to movies what didn't need them.

And yet, the Disney Heroes line up never took.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@Drtooth.
The name of Eric's dog is Max, just like the Grinch's, but different breeds.

Teacup puppies? The only movie that kind of nonsense makes sense is for Alice in Wonderland, a character that was kept as a Princess of Heart only because she was included in the original Disney Princess tester lineup.

As far as pets... I kind of find it an attempted knockoff of the Strawberry Shortcake line. Look at all the current merch that have pets that don't really need them nor make any special emphasis on the pets as characters: Palace Pets, Monster High, Ever After High, yeah, just add a cute little critter and kiddies will shell out the bucks for them. Or make their parents do it instead. Hard to be a serious fan of such lines at times.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@Harleena.
Megara was also part of the original Disney Princess tester lineup, so yes, she should be considered a princess.
As for Jessica Rabbit, she's a Disney Damsel, at least that's how they included her in a series of funny Pin-of-the-Month magazine pins from around 2008-2010. Reason I know that is cause I was an active member of the Disney International Pincast Listeners Association or whatever name it goes by now since the podcast has gone defunct.
BTW: I happen to have the Jessica Rabbit rhinestone/jewelled pin, as well as a few others, I'm specifically looking for the 2004 Nightmare Before Christmas 14-tarot pin set as individual pins, but we have another thread for that discussion.

Hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like two of Disney's biggest franchises are its princesses and fairies (that would make for a good parody, "Princesses vs. Fairies"). Yet there's also a difference: The princesses "franchise" features characters who all originated in different movies and have rarely (if ever) had any crossovers together, while the fairies are limited to Tinkerbell and the ones from the Tinkerbell movies. The fairies "franchise" doesn't include the fairies from Sleeping Beauty (and a year ago, I was surprised to hear that Maleficent was a fairy. All this time I thought she was a witch), or Cinderella's fairy god mother, or the Blue Fairy.

Harleena

Reaction score
It seems like two of Disney's biggest franchises are its princesses and fairies (that would make for a good parody, "Princesses vs. Fairies"). Yet there's also a difference: The princesses "franchise" features characters who all originated in different movies and have rarely (if ever) had any crossovers together, while the fairies are limited to Tinkerbell and the ones from the Tinkerbell movies. The fairies "franchise" doesn't include the fairies from Sleeping Beauty (and a year ago, I was surprised to hear that Maleficent was a fairy. All this time I thought she was a witch), or Cinderella's fairy god mother, or the Blue Fairy.
Maybe those fairies are too old? I guess they wanted to keep it Neverland-only.
Also, THIS.

I'd also love to see Charlotte La Bouff in the line-up…plus I'm sure that @Dominicboo1 would hate that last picture, since he hates Hunchback 2, and the Sailor Moon picture has Madeline…

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Maybe those fairies are too old? I guess they wanted to keep it Neverland-only.
Also, THIS.

I'd also love to see Charlotte La Bouff in the line-up…plus I'm sure that @Dominicboo1 would hate that last picture, since he hates Hunchback 2, and the Sailor Moon picture has Madeline…
LOl Madeline is no small part of the problem I have with it. All she does is call herself stupid

Harleena

Reaction score
I think I already posted the Junior Disney Princess thing, but I still wish it were real.