Disney/Muppet Story at Jim Hill Meadia.com

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I waz lookin for more Muppet/Disney news on the web (I'm in studdy hall now and the teacher sayed we could use the comouters:big_grin: ) but n e wayz heres somthing I found on Jim Hill Media.com heres the News/Story.....

Dear Mr. Hill:

By now, I'm sure that you've heard that - once again - Disney and the Muppets are doing their little dance. Jim, is this deal ever going to get done? And - if yes - what kinds of things can we finally look forward to at the parks.

Keep up the good work,
Respectfully Yours,

Jim S.

Dear Jim S.

Well, you're right. The Walt Disney Company is currently in negotiations with EM.TV & Merchandising AG (the German entertainment consortium that currently owns the Jim Henson Company) to purchase certain portions of the Henson corporation. Not the entire Jim Henson Company, mind you. Just the rights to the Muppet characters themselves as well as the 600 or so hours of motion pictures and television programs that JHC has in its film library.

So -- should this deal actually go down -- what would this acquisition mean to the Disney theme parks? Well, for starters, the Imagineers are hoping that -- once this deal is finally signed off on (which could come as early as the tail end of April / the first few weeks of May) -- that they can immediately begin work on changing DCA's defunct "Superstar Limo" into "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo." Where guests will board a stylized version of a limousine for a trip through a Muppet-ized version of Tinsel Town. This revamped ride would come to its conclusion when Disneyland Resort visitors would arrive at the big Hollywood premiere of a film starring the one, the only Miss Piggy.

So what exactly would this proposed change-out of "Superstar Limo" involve? Well, as of this moment, the plan is that the ride system for this Hollywood Pictures Backlot attraction is supposed to remain the same. Likewise the ride vehicles and the track layout. Thankfully, the rest of this much maligned DCA attraction is slated for demolition. The ride's original 2D sets will be torn out and those minimum-tronic figures of Drew Carey, Regis Philbin, and Cher are headed straight for the recycling bin.

Look for "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo" (provided that it actually goes forward) to feature a whole new set of sets, not to mention a wide selection of full-sized Muppet figures. More importantly, expect this radically revised version of this Hollywood Pictures Backlot attraction to have all the style and wit that the original "Superstar Limo" lacked.

Mind you, this all depends on Disney actually being able to close the deal with EM.TV to acquire the Jim Henson Company. And -- given that the Mouse has managed to screw up this deal several times before -- well ... I won't actually believe that the Muppets have become part of the Disney family until I see the Kermit the Frog walk-around character strolling around DCA, signing autographs for tourists.

Once that happens, I'll feel better about telling you all about the "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo" clones that are reportedly headed for Disney-MGM in Florida and Disney Studios theme park in Paris. Not to mention how the "Days of Swine and Roses" character show may be end up revived for staging inside the "Goofy's Beach Party Bash" theater at Disney's California Adventure theme park.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves now, shall we, Jim S.? Once Disney finally finalizes its deal with EM.TV & Merchanding AG, THEN we'll talk. Okay?

Well, that's enough for this week, folks. Have a great weekend, okay?

jrh

Luke

Reaction score
In other words, he's read the same press reports and doesn't know any more than you or i - but hmmm (big surprise) they might just Muppetize a few old attractions like the limo ride (or maybe not !) ..... that's cutting edge news for you kids !

Doesn't exactly make you jump for joy these Disney plans though do they ? Recycling old rides ? Only buying certain parts of the company ? Seems to me the buzzword at Disney regarding the Muppets is *CHEAP* !

matleo

Reaction score
I dunno Luke, I don;t think Hill's even read the articles this time. Cause then he would have somehow read into it and rawn wild conclusions based on absolutly nothing...

"In the article it says that both Jim Henson and Walt Disney are dead. Now I've spoken with several key Disney people whom I'm good friends with but can't name who also hinted that cats die and gave me a giant wink. So I can only assume that they are inferring both Jim Henson and Walt Disney were cats. in fact based on this new knowledge I have very good reason to believe that Jim Henson an Walt Disney were actually the same person. I can't exactly divulge how I know this to be true, but I can say it involves alien experimentation and a communist cover-up. I mean think about it. Henson was best known for his character of Kermit the Frog, an amphibean. A few years ago, Disney tore down "Mr Toad's Wild Ride"in FL, (Mr. Toad is also an amphibean) and replaced with a Winnie The Pooh ride. Now here's the real kicker. About a year later Disney produced a tv series based on Winnie The Pooh using puppets. Don't you get it, you stupid, uninformed silly, man who wishes he knew as many people at Disney as me??? Disney and Henson are both the same alien cats!!!! And that's why the Diz is so eager to buy the Frog!!!"
I'm sorry was that out loud? As you can see I have no use for Mr. Hill's writings. I find most of it trite and drawn from nothing. He likes to make Muppets out of mousehills and tout that he knows VERY IMPORTANT people in a vein attempt to make us take any stock in what he says. And let's not forget the staple of every good Jim Hill article the teaser info....

Once that happens, I'll feel better about telling you all about the "Miss Piggy's Superstar Limo" clones that are reportedly headed for Disney-MGM in Florida and Disney Studios theme park in Paris. Not to mention how the "Days of Swine and Roses" character show may be end up revived for staging inside the "Goofy's Beach Party Bash" theater at Disney's California Adventure theme park.

Yep, there it is!! "I can't wait to tell you how much I know. And then...oh boy, you'll be sorry you ever doubted me!!!" I always wondered who he's trying to prove something to? I am surprised to see him actually say this might NOT happen for change. Wasn't Hill the one who just a few months ago was jumping all over the fact that Dave Goelz was voicing Figment and KSY was filmed at MGM and talking about how Disney's was doing this only to keep the muppet people happy so they wouldn't all bugger off when the Diz finally bought the Hen? Well, I got that out of my system. I'm gonna go play inthe snow now!! Yes, it's snowing in NJ on April 7th!! What is that all about??

--Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo

...Now here's the real kicker...
And from 'Kicker' to 'Kikker' which is the Dutch word for Frog !

It all adds up now !

You just gotta look for the signs in the same place as Hill...
Your Alphabet soup.

:big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

matleo

Reaction score
Yep, you're catching on, Warrick!! Now you too can be a graduate of the "Jim Hill Correspondence Course: Writing Wild Conclusions for Fun and Profit!"

--Matt

Muppets1985

Reaction score
LOL I knew it waz all old News that Jim read and made up in his "own" words.:boo: ....lol