Disney Muppet Art Cell: The Wocka Wocka Room

dented

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Tomorrow, March 20, Disney is releasing a beautiful animation cell of Kermit and the gang. I got to see the artwork in advance (I am a Disney nut too!) and it looks really great. Here is a link to the information.
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_muppetscelevent.html

I know I plan on getting an unframed piece and putting it into a collage with some of my other Disney Kermit items.

With the give a day, get a day push this year (which you can no longer sign up for, by the way), it seems there is a lot of stuff being released by Disney. So far, since the beginning of this year, I have seen in the parks (brand new merchandise) 3 ski type hats, 1 new shirt, at least 5 new pins, 12 different muppet vinylmations, the new muppet mini figures discussed elsewhere on this forum, and new souvineer popcorn buckets and drink cups. If you want pictures of anything, let me know and I will try to put some up.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
When I recently when to WDW, I saw all of those things.
EXCEPT the ski hats.
If you had pics of those I'd love to see them.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
They must have come out days after I went there. I didnt see those at all.
That's a little disappointing...

muppetperson

Reaction score
Could someone please copy the animation cel link to a non Disney site and link it, as Disney wont let me see it.I tried putting muppetcentral on hidemyass but it isnt showing the full page and the forum button wont work.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From the Muppet Wiki. Here's the cel. It's really not Disney's best work, but it's interesting and moderately attractive.

muppetperson

Reaction score
From the Muppet Wiki. Here's the cel. It's really not Disney's best work, but it's interesting and moderately attractive.
Thanks for the link.Not bad, but probably would have been better if kermit was back with the others, maybe sitting in his Directors chair, so everyone is the same perspective.And something isnt quite right with the background wall.Maybe if they had the Stage posters on the wall or something.How much are they going to cost?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The cel strikes me as a collection of separate clip art rather than a whole composition of interacting Muppet characters. That's the problem. It's an assembly, not a scene. Still, I'm glad they have something like this. Maybe they'll create a better one sometime. Get one of the Boom artists! Better yet...get someone talented to make a photo-realistic poster of all the Muppet characters in theater seats! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frogboy basically summed it up. It's cute and all, but really nothing more than a fake cel with stock art designs on it, and it doesn't even LOOK like a cel to me. If I really wanted something like that, I's try to track down a Muppet babies, Little Muppet Monsters, or Fraggle Rock cel (if any still exist)... If you can find one, certain cels like those aren't even all that expensive. and as for an official art print, I'd much rather, as was said, the Boom comic artists' work. Even if it's just a signed print of one of the covers, logo-less.

Not that it's a bad thing... seems more like a picture they give out to put a collection of pins on. Another thing that I'd rather spend that sort of money on.