Disney Junior?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I read online a few weeks ago that Disney, who owns ABC and SoapNet, will replace SoapNet with a channel called Disney Junior, where they will show their Playhouse Disney programs on a seperate channel (technically Nick Jr. for Disney :rolleyes:)! Is it possible the classic Playhouse Disney programming (ex: Bear in the Big Blue House, PB&J Otter) will reair?:confused:

BTW: Should this be in the General Discussion category? Feel free to move it if it needs to.:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder... is it SOOO hard for them to not replace a network and create another? I'm sure Soaps are no longer relevant, since they seem to want to get rid of them (where's dw when you need him? He's a lot more passionate about this stuff), but that's a dramatic change for a network.

It would be epic fail for them NOT to try and put older stuff on that network, and Disney has been basically sitting on Bear since the buyout. Besides, they have like, what... 4 shows? They can't make an entire 24 hour a day channel on that alone (even though they basically pull that with their main station). And hey. Perfect place to reair Muppet Babies too, am I right?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
It would be epic fail for them NOT to try and put older stuff on that network, and Disney has been basically sitting on Bear since the buyout. Besides, they have like, what... 4 shows? They can't make an entire 24 hour a day channel on that alone (even though they basically pull that with their main station). And hey. Perfect place to reair Muppet Babies too, am I right?
Good point. And also, it would be nice if they aired Johnny and the Sprites again. That was good while it lasted. Either way, I'll be on the lookout for this channel in the future.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still... I'd much rather a Disney DISNEY channel that airs actual Disney programming that isn't for ANY specific focus group outside of their family programming. Think about it. A perfect place to put all their movies and old TV shows that Disney USED to air.

APRena

Reaction score
Think about it. A perfect place to put all their movies and old TV shows that Disney USED to air.
Do you mean the classic Disney films (Aladdin etc) or the mostly-horrible but older (from the 90s, maybe? I can barely remember when Disney wasn't 99% awful...) than what they currently show Disney Channel Original Movies?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Still... I'd much rather a Disney DISNEY channel that airs actual Disney programming that isn't for ANY specific focus group outside of their family programming. Think about it. A perfect place to put all their movies and old TV shows that Disney USED to air.
I agree. They still air some of the more recent but still technically "classic" to some (ex. Aladdin, Mulan, etc.) sometimes, but really not all that often. And I'm pretty sure my parents got rid of that old tape with Suzie Q (a really old-older than me, maybe-Disney Channel movie) recorded on it. :mad:

And also, I want Recess back on the air. :frown: Sure, I guess not too many people watched and/or recorded it at three o'clock in the morning, but I sure was annoyed a few weeks ago to notice it was gone from the schedule.

APRena

Reaction score
And also, I want Recess back on the air. :frown: Sure, I guess not too many people watched and/or recorded it at three o'clock in the morning, but I sure was annoyed a few weeks ago to notice it was gone from the schedule.
Agreed. That was one of my favorite cartoons. (ABC's Saturday Morning circa 2001=awesome. Whatever happened to Pepper Ann?) I wonder why they rearranged it? They start showing the Playhouse Disney shows at 3 in the morning now. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Basically Disney ANYTHING that isn't already on the other 2 channels. Classic movies, old TV shows... all that stuff. All the stuff The Disney Channel used to air in the 80's- early 00's. I mean, you have how many movies? And how many old TV shows from whenever to the 00's that AREN'T over aired on your other 2 stations?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Basically Disney ANYTHING that isn't already on the other 2 channels. Classic movies, old TV shows... all that stuff. All the stuff The Disney Channel used to air in the 80's- early 00's. I mean, you have how many movies? And how many old TV shows from whenever to the 00's that AREN'T over aired on your other 2 stations?
Yeah. Also, I'm not sure if they'd actually air it nowadays without redoing it with modern stars, but I really really really wanna see that Mickey Mouse Club show someday.

APRena

Reaction score
You mean the one our parents probably saw as kids or the Britney Spears revival? Does Disney own the 80s-90s Winnie the Pooh cartoon? I would be glued to this hypothetical channel if they aired that + stuff that's been mentioned.