Disney in talks to acquire Hasbro

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eventually Disney will buy our souls, I'm sure...
At least it's not Sony. If they owned our souls, we wouldn't be able to use them.

I mean, seriously... Well, as long as they don't get Barney, I'm OK. (Mattel bought out HiT Entertainment recently, and they're already thinking of selling the rights to Barney and Angelina Ballerina, since the main goal of the sale was to get Thomas & Friends)
I dunno about how Hit was treating Barney. I've heard terrible things about how they treat a lot of things. I'm glad they don't have that partnership with Henson, though. I think the damage is done with Thomas the Tank Engine. CGI models, crappy voice acting. Though there was that funny bit where the Fat Controller lost his hat. And we are getting more accessible merchandise. The Shining Time Station days only had expensive wooden trains.

Above all, I'm kinda more worried about Dreamworks's ownership of Classic Media. I'm afraid they'll only bother with the big ticket stuff, and if Peabody and Sherman bombs, it'll be a repeat of Universal and Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a relief. From a monopoly standard, of course. Disney just happens to own two of the major companies that Hasbro has the license to, and nothing more. Seems Disney toys are made by various companies, the way it should be.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
NO.

NO. NO. NO. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS. :mad:

DISNEY, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRANSFORMERS WITH A 10-FOOT POLE. DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!!?!?!?! :grr:

Thank you.

Edit: That was just a rumour? Thank goodness! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's only got one more film anyway, before someone else gets their hands on it. Plus, I doubt Disney would be much of an improvement... I'm looking at you Inspector Gadget and Underdog.