Disney in talks to acquire Hasbro

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't what Walt himself was all about: he was the one who said it to others - NEVER sell ANYTHING that you create, because there are people out there who are going to try to take everything that you've ever worked for, even your name, and just take it right out from under you, and do whatever they want with it.

That's exactly what Walt warned of, and that's exactly what his company has been doing for years.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
They are going to either cancel or ruin Dan Vs!

It's one of the only "adult" cartoons that doesn't rely on potty humor to be funny...

NOOOOO! Yes...I know I defend Disney to an extent...but but I just can't bear the thought of what they would do to it...

Hubert

Reaction score
You know what? I'm just tired of Disney owning everything, they're gonna soon have a monopoly on the entire movie, television, and toy industries...
'
O_O

NOOOOOOOOO! I don't want Disney to own Hub!
Does Hasbro really own that? I wasn't aware...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I am too! Every movie that's coming out is pretty much owned by Disney. I just won tickets to Lincoln and I was searching up the ratings and reviews and found out, that even this movie is owned by Disney. It's being made by Touchstone, which is owned by Disney.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is too far. Disney owns too much already, and I bet this is a package deal for Star Wars so they can have control of the merchandising. But entertainment companies and toy companies are different things. This is going to cost the ability for toy companies to acquire Disney licenses, and that's going to kill competition. This is dangerous Monopoly stuff, especially since that means that they'd own actual Monopoly as well.

I kinda hope the government blocks this (they won't). More ownership=less competition. Less competition= more the ability to do whatever the crap they want. Why is owning a company so much better than just a partnership?

Perhaps this means we can have a Rainbow Dash cameo in the next Muppet movie? :cool:
They are going to either cancel or ruin Dan Vs!

It's one of the only "adult" cartoons that doesn't rely on potty humor to be funny...

NOOOOO! Yes...I know I defend Disney to an extent...but but I just can't bear the thought of what they would do to it...
I do not have cable, but I'd loathe to see the Hub go. Ponies, Dan, and Transformers Prime... those are very big cartoons right now, and Transformers gets enough problems when a movie comes out and whatever cartoon is part of the toy line gets brushed to the side. The latest G.I. Joe cartoon is in cancelatus mode because of the movie that was supposed to come out this summer. I don't see Disney helping that situation or helping those cartoon shows. I'd be very afraid they'd either have to sell the network for FCC reasons, or litter it with live action kiddy shows. And I'd also be weary of them pulling the plug on IDW's Hasbro comics. Not that I read them, but I hate what they did to Boom so they could not bring the lines to Marvel.