Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
*is still traumatized by the ongoing cameo of Jason Segal's...um...
big "friend" in Forgetting Sarah Marshall*(and Im not talking the large Hawaiian guy in the movie)

Anyways, the more we hear these side interviews and new nuggets of info...the more this "next Muppet movie" sounds unbelievably cool.

Again, Im guessing summer 2010 release?

unclematt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheJimHensonHour
http://www.ihatesarahmarshall.com/
I'm not sure if this is an official website but if it is look over to who they link as "Everything Muppets" I think it's pretty safe to say we're being watched.

I did not know that. That is incredible if this is the official Sarah Marshall site

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is an official website but if it is look over to who they link as "Everything Muppets" I think it's pretty safe to say we're being watched.

I did not know that. That is incredible if this is the official Sarah Marshall site
Its not the official site, but the fact that theres no ads on it tell me that theres a pretty good chance it is a viral site for promotion... Segal is a Muppet fan, I bet he's here all the time...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just had a thought...

If this supposed "new muppet movie" is going to happen like everyone thinks it will, and is apparently going to be theatrical like rumored, then shouldn't Frank Oz be directing? Didn't he say he wanted to direct the next THEATRICAL muppet movie?
Yeah, I think you're right.

Reaction score
website

Yeah that website is pretty cool, I find it pretty funny when those viral websites are made for movies, I think they are a great way to generate some buzz for a movie, and the fact that muppet central is linked, is pretty freakin' awesome. We look at stuff like this in some of my advertising classes, the Cloverfield movie had some pretty extensive viral marketing going on months before it came out, they had more than three separate fake websites that would just slighty hint at things about the movie.

Hopefully they do some pretty cool viral marketing for the new muppet movie, I think it would be a great way to get people who might have forgot about the muppets to remember them again and to introduce the muppets to the teens who only think of the muppets in terms of Sesame street or other things like that.

unclematt

Reaction score
I had never heard of viral marketing. Or maybe I had heard of it and not realized that that was what it was called. Either way it is very interesting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think from what I hve seen on here that it is very interesting that in Forgetting Sarh Marshal there are so many Muppet Saying's

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I just had a thought...

If this supposed "new muppet movie" is going to happen like everyone thinks it will, and is apparently going to be theatrical like rumored, then shouldn't Frank Oz be directing? Didn't he say he wanted to direct the next THEATRICAL muppet movie?
Yes D'Snowth you are right in thinking that Frank Oz should be a part of it. Also, I would note that he really doesn't have any projects as of late so he may actually be looking for something to do...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
2. Just a bit of warning, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is one of the MOST sexually explicit films I can think of thats come to mainstream theatres, definately not for the whole family. I mean, its hardcore territory, just a warning. If graphic depictions of sex, full frontal nudity, unrelenting graphic sexual talk, etc doesnt bother you then check it out(I personally loved the movie)
Just to get an idea of what to expect, is there more or less sexual stuff that Superbad? (which I happen to love)

Status
Not open for further replies.