Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
There are Sarah Marshall posters everywhere in this city! They make me smile because Segel's the new Muppet movie's writer/director/actor and because his film looks darn funny! Plus it has Veronica Mars (Bell) and puppets too! What's not to like. :insatiable:
I just spent a few days in San Francisco this week and noticed that too. I was in Los Angeles last month and the viral "IhateSarahMarshall" stuff was virtually everywhere you can think of. I havent seen that kind of aggressive marketing given to a comedy in ages, if ever. Im hoping this Muppet film will at least be out by 2010.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, even my grandmother told me Rush Limbaugh was complaining about the oil plot in the movie already.:rolleyes:
Tellin the hollywood yuppies to leave their polictical stuff out of the Muppets. lol I have to admit I didn't even think of it that way.:batty:
Haha, I can totally see where they'll be going with that "oil" plot in the film a mile away.

Whats interesting, is I have news articles where the politicians in Washington have been trying to kill off Sesame Street and the rest of PBS once and for all. The Muppets sometimes do work in a political setting. The Sesame gang appeared on the West Wing, and Kermit and Fozzie appeared on a 1987 episode of Nightline with Ted Kopple. Further, we've seen Elmo and Kermit appear on Capitol Hill.

Drilling out an old theater or something like that is as old as time itself. I'm pretty sure the Stooges or the Little Rascals may have done stories like that. it has nothing to do with liberalism at all. Rush just likes to hear the sound of his own vocal farts coming out his mouth. Seriously people, come up with your OWN opinions. Don't just listen to some prepackaged marketable crap. And that goes for the left too.
And Sam the Eagle is a tree hugging hippy leftie:wink:

Come on now, you and I both know where Segal/Stoller are going with the 'oil' plot, and after Sesame Street's blasphemous "this is why your parents kill people in war" series recently, this will more than make up for it

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
My sister also informs me when the guy in Sarah Marshal is drunk and crying he sings the Muppet Show Theme Song!
yay!:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
My sister also informs me when the guy in Sarah Marshal is drunk and crying he sings the Muppet Show Theme Song!
yay!:smile:
I wouldnt be surprised if theres at least a couple more 'nods' to Muppetdom...as already these guys have proven their love of the Muppety cause:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if theres at least a couple more 'nods' to Muppetdom...as already these guys have proven their love of the Muppety cause:smile:
Hey, didn't I remember hearing someone had a Fraggle Rock poster on the wall in Knocked up? These guys clearly want to show their muppet love, much like the Family Guy writers. Seemed that everyother week, you'd hear "This is worse than when I worked in the lab with Dr. Honeydew!" References like that always give me hope that people think the muppets are current and relevant.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who else thinks that somehow, Statler and Waldorf wind up saving the theater at the last minute? Seems like a very sweet way to end the film.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Who else thinks that somehow, Statler and Waldorf wind up saving the theater at the last minute? Seems like a very sweet way to end the film.
That would be the greatest thing ever! hahah and really ironic!:sleep: :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, every single time I read one of these interviews I can't help but get really excited. Seriously. They know what they want, and they plan to make muppet fans really happy for the project. A quote (which due to the rules of the board, I'll Paraphrase) that said, "there won't be a puppet private in it." really gives me high hopes. We'll definately see some smarter writing for a family demographic that won't skimp on the sinlge adult muppet fan's tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.