Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I HAVE FAITH IN YOU, JASON SEGEL!
I think the evidence that he will indeed make this movie soar to the skies just keeps building up, and that's very, very exciting.

Ya know, I think I'm gonna go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall now, just so I can show the support I have for Segel already.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are Sarah Marshall posters everywhere in this city! They make me smile because Segel's the new Muppet movie's writer/director/actor and because his film looks darn funny! Plus it has Veronica Mars (Bell) and puppets too! What's not to like. :insatiable:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ya know, I think I'm gonna go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall now, just so I can show the support I have for Segel already.
Good! I'm glad. I love all those type of movies (Anchorman, 40-year-old virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad) and I wanted to go see this one anyway. But now I have an even better reason to go! By the way, Roeper gave it a glowing review this past weekend on the At the Movies tv show! Plus, that blog is ridiculously funny! So it sort of gives you an idea of what the film will be like.

Edit: Oh, really, Jamie? Awesome! Good. It gets the word out I guess. If the movie does really well, I think it will give people hope that this muppet movie will be great too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Edit: Oh, really, Jamie? Awesome! Good. It gets the word out I guess. If the movie does really well, I think it will give people hope that this muppet movie will be great too.
Grafiti posters like in the film are on every bus, billboard, bus shelter, subway stop (yes, there is a subway in San Francisco) taxi cab and building out here. There's no escaping them! He he. They say things like "Mom never liked you, Sarah Marshall" and "Yes, you do look fat in those jeans, Sarah Marshall" and so on. It is quite funny. I hope it does well too. :flirt:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The posters are all over NY too. I adore them.

And that website is just TOO MUCH! Thanks for posting it! I'm starting to believe that Jason Segel might be my soul mate... Muppets, Broadway and Buffy? Um, only my favorite things EVER! Plus I saw Dracula the Musical five times (I kid you not. Not a terrific show but it was definitely entertaining in a certain way I can't explain. Plus student tickets were $20). So, Jason, if you're reading this... Think about it :wink:

And on the Muppet side... I honestly cannot see a bad thing in this entire situation. Jason Segel has my full support and I am so excited both for Sarah Marshall and the upcoming Muppet film.

(PS: notice how the Muppets have gotten more press in the last month than they have in the last four years?)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
My sister saw the Sarah Marshall movie yesterday she said it's one of the funniest movies she's seen in a long time.
btw I found that site on youtube while looking for clips to the movie, mostly the Vampire puppet but with no luck..
(PS: notice how the Muppets have gotten more press in the last month than they have in the last four years?)
Yeah, even my grandmother told me Rush Limbaugh was complaining about the oil plot in the movie already.:rolleyes:
Tellin the hollywood yuppies to leave their polictical stuff out of the Muppets. lol I have to admit I didn't even think of it that way.:batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, even my grandmother told me Rush Limbaugh was complaining about the oil plot in the movie already.:rolleyes:
Tellin the hollywood yuppies to leave their polictical stuff out of the Muppets. lol I have to admit I didn't even think of it that way.:batty:
Drilling out an old theater or something like that is as old as time itself. I'm pretty sure the Stooges or the Little Rascals may have done stories like that. it has nothing to do with liberalism at all. Rush just likes to hear the sound of his own vocal farts coming out his mouth. Seriously people, come up with your OWN opinions. Don't just listen to some prepackaged marketable crap. And that goes for the left too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Drilling out an old theater or something like that is as old as time itself. I'm pretty sure the Stooges or the Little Rascals may have done stories like that. it has nothing to do with liberalism at all. Rush just likes to hear the sound of his own vocal farts coming out his mouth. Seriously people, come up with your OWN opinions. Don't just listen to some prepackaged marketable crap. And that goes for the left too.

Ha ha You said Vocal farts

Status
Not open for further replies.