Disney DVD news

Chilly Down

Reaction score
For those thrilled with last year's Mickey Mouse in Black and White and The Chronological Goofy (I still need to check those out), here's more good news, courtesy of Smig at TP:

From www.dvdtoons.com

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 3
July 11, 2003 (10:52pm)
Reported by: Anthony

Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald

Celebrating the career of the most prolific of Walt's classic characters, this high-spirited collection presents all of Donald Duck's starring shorts from "Donald and Pluto" in 1936 to "Chef Donald" in 1941 (36 shorts).

Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse In Living Color: Volume Two

Celebrating Mickey Mouse's career in film, this volume covers Mickey's films from 1939 to 1995 including some of his most loved performances in "Society Dog Show", "Tugboat Mickey", "Mickey and the Seal", "Pluto's Party" and many more (21 shorts).

Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney On The Front Lines

During World War II the Disney Studios lent its talents to the patriotic cause of winning the war. This fascinating collection showcases the training, propaganda and educational films, as well as hundreds of insignia designs, which the Studio delivered to the war effort (32 shorts).

Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney's Tomorrowland
Walt Disney's vision of space exploration comes alive in this compilation of "Disneyland" TV shows about outer space and the opportunities and challenges of space travel (6 programs).

All four collections are scheduled for release on 12/02/2003. Stay tOOned for further details and artwork.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I remember seeing "Mickey and the Seal" in the theater a long time ago, maybe before "The Rescuers Down Under." It might have even been before that. I loved it. It was terrific! And I've always wanted to see the Donald episode with "Der Fuhrer's Face."
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney On The Front Lines

During World War II the Disney Studios lent its talents to the patriotic cause of winning the war. This fascinating collection showcases the training, propaganda and educational films, as well as hundreds of insignia designs, which the Studio delivered to the war effort (32 shorts).
...interesting. I've wanted to see this for years--probably my old man the History Professor rubbing off on me. I'd like to see the Looney Tunes toons from the same period. You know, propaganda. It's all-American.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to "Der Fuhrer's Face" as well, but we'll have to wait for Donald 2. The short was released in 1942, and the collection coming out only goes to 1941. Dang.

- Billy :cool:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Traveling Matt said:
I'm looking forward to "Der Fuhrer's Face" as well, but we'll have to wait for Donald 2. The short was released in 1942, and the collection coming out only goes to 1941. Dang.
I can infer that DFF is going to be on "Walt Disney on the Front Lines," so we will get it this year.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
I've seen them...there ok. Too much Malton, too much apolegitic PC talk. *whispered Disney is very very powerful I can't say anymore, if you don't hear from me...they've got me. :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I posted a thread about the WWII National DDay Monument having problems in this forum; they have a section devoted to the cartoons of the period, I think even including stuff by Disney and Warner Bros. I believe that part is called the Bill Mauldin Museum.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=8637

Did everybody know that even Dr. Seuss used to do very funny editorial cartoons about the war?