1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by mrsieve, Jun 24, 2007.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Slater: Hey get off the stage!
    Waldorf: Yeah, you're worse than the bear!
    Slater: And that's saying something...
    Waldorf: Which isn't much!

*both hecklers laugh*
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sorry. I never meant for you to take it personally. I just love the interaction between the hecklers--:boo: & :sleep:--and :o.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Don't mind him wwfpooh. He's our resadical (miss spelling) comic around here.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

So I see.

Waldorf: Though I wish we didn't.

Slater: You got that right.

*both of 'em laugh again*
  6. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Like I said, This is exciting, but when will they show it?
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Whenever they feel like it and they aren't revealing much in terms of details, either.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I believe it was Brian Henson who remarked about Disney having some mysterious method behind their madness when releasing the Muppet Show DVDs, I think that is probably the case here too. It's about priority and timing. Finding the best time and place for the exposure. Maybe they didn't test well? Maybe they will coincide with the new Disney television season? When does that start anyway? And has that been touched by the strike as well?
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

I've got a feeling they arent actually for the Disney channel and the original article was wrong, going by what Goelz was saying (unless there are multiple projects) these are for the Disney XD Channel.
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And what, praytell, is the Disney XD Channel?
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Here's the press release for Disney XD.

Excerpt:

Available only on Disney.com, Disney XD is a customizable, personalized entertainment and social networking experience that now allows fans to rock out online.
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, at least the Muppets are getting exposure, even if it is online.
  13. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Oh, geez. So you mean I'm actually going to have to figure out how to do all that "interfacing" stuff if I want to see these? Yeesh!
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

*shrugs* Oh well. Maybe it a show of things to come.
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

yay more muppets online hidden from the world..
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I meant that, maybe this online exposure would eventually give the Muppets some future TV exposure.
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Bear in mind that Disney XD will probably eventually launch as an on demand cable channel as well as on the web.
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The problem is that this probably all to prepare for the full-on conversion to digital media.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Really? All I could read was

High School Musical...blah blah blah blah... Hannah montana... Blah Blah Blah blah...High School Musical...blah blah blah blah... Hannah montana... Blah Blah Blah blah...High School Musical...blah blah blah blah... Hannah montana... Blah Blah Blah blah... Lather rinse repeat.

YEah, things look really good for people outside of the 9-16 year old girl demographic. :grouchy:
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, remember...children were what even Jim Henson's work was usually aimed at, although his work--like many others'--did reach other demographics as well.