Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the Poochie nature of the character (The Simpsons episode, you know... he had to be on screen every 5 minutes) and his stupid choice of voice, he probably would have been a lot more endearing. Meanwhile, I actually LOVE the diner owner in Attack of the Clones. Where's his merchandise?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Everyone forgets the ultimate stereotype, Watto...
...however, this guy owns at least 60% of San Francisco's bodegas. (runs and hides) :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I thought he was supposed to be a Greek stereotype before I heard he was a Jewish one.

Still, this is what happens when Lucas has free reign. The only big stereotype in the original movies was C3-PO's stereotypical effeminate British mannerisms. And we all know it's okay to make stereotypes of white Europeans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but at least Lucas was a visionary at some point. Michael Bay sucks no matter what.

And don't make me list the "Oh Sexy Gi-i-i-i-i-irlfrie-e-e-e-e-end" guy from that John Huges movie. We don't this to be just a list of stereotypes in movies that shouldn't be seen outside of the 40's.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
You know, I thought he was supposed to be a Greek stereotype before I heard he was a Jewish one.

Still, this is what happens when Lucas has free reign. The only big stereotype in the original movies was C3-PO's stereotypical effeminate British mannerisms. And we all know it's okay to make stereotypes of white Europeans.
He's neither. He's supposed to be a middle-eastern stereotype.

I still think R2D2 is the Sambo of robots. Just disgusting that we still let that stand! Robots don't really talk like that. It's just how humans believe robots speak. Racist!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cracked makes some points

I totally agree that Star Wars out of Lucas's hands is a good thing. The Clone Wars show is steadily getting better, the Lego Star Wars specials are hilarious (and far better than the Family Guy ones)... We're oddly getting more Star Wars comedy projects for some reason. And Disney has never made a completely terrible movie. Mediocre, crummy, but never terrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
However, I'm a little concerned with what Disney might do with LucasArts in the future, since Bob Iger stated that they're likely to focus more on social and mobile games than on consoles. :concern:

That's an unfortunate future that all video game companies are facing. Even the console games of the future will have to be download only. Shovelware is killing the video game industry (we have Pillow Pet and Cold Stone Creamery games!) and shoving the worth while games off the shelves and into the 20 dollar or less bargain pile. More or less, this is what killed the video game system in the early 80's before Nintendo. Cheap, crappy little games thrown together. Half of them aren't even worthy of being a free internet game.

Seriously... Mobile games are cheap and easy to make. They're basically all ripoffs of each other. Angry Birds is a ripoff, and extremely popular at that. Not to mention how easily you can make a Puzzle Bobble knockoff. I know of so many of those, it's not funny. And it's all noodly stuff for people who want to kill a couple minutes between train stations on their iPhones. Those are NOT real video games. but everyone wants in on that ground floor because it just takes a common idea and a graphic artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.