Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm not really surprised to hear this news. So how much more of the world does Disney own now? I thought it was close to all of it. Apparently not. Oh well all I can say is "May the MOUSE be with you!" :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Any body want to repeat those sentiments they have about Disney being such a top-notch kind of a company, all because nobody would DARE sell the Muppets to a company that would do them any harm?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I strongly disagree to that. Disney has done a good job with the Muppets so far... they could have done better, mind you, but at least we got the first theatrical film since 1999. I don't think Henson would have done that. Look at Power of the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock the movie. We're going to get 2 Muppet films by the time any of those move forward enough to almost happen, only to be completely abandoned again.

And Disney's handling of Marvel only hurt Disney comics. That's irony right there.

My concern is simple. The Dunkin Donuts Principle. When Dunkin started doing bagels, fine... when they did breakfast food, it was pushing it... now there's sandwiches and all this other stuff you can get anywhere else and it's pushing the donuts into the corner. I go to DD for donuts, not everything in the world but donuts. If Disney has its hands in so many pies, what about their own pie? What about classic Disneyana?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i just heard this first muppets then marvel now lucasfilm next they will try to buy the whole universe

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you mean they WILL try to buy the whole universe?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What do you mean they WILL try to buy the whole universe?
I think the emphasis you are looking for is on the word "try" :stick_out_tongue:

While I'm surprised at just how much disney owns these days, I have no real feelings either way about this

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure they've been trying to buy the whole universe all this time... :shifty:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Aw, man, you just murdered my joke because you didn't get what I was saying :stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.