Disney announces Muppet DVDs to be Pan & Scan

Ken Plume

Reaction score
Get out your trusty protest letters - Buena Vista Home Entrtainment has announced that the upcoming DVD releases of Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol will be Pan & Scan - not anamorphic widescreen.

If everyone jumps on the horse quick enough, you might be able to get them to reconsider their decision.

Otherwise - disappointment city... Much like the Warner's Pan & Scan Follow That Bird.

So here's your wake-up call... Contact BVHE and let your voice be heard... Just be polite about it.

-Ken

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
:embarrassed: Why I'm not surprised, Disney treated the Muppets terriblely in the past, with only 10 titles were made in the UK and another 10 (I think:rolleyes: ) more. Also weird thing most Disney DVD titles are full screen, let's hope for the special features!

Take care

MuppetDanny

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Could someone post email and snail mail addresses so we know where to send out requests?

I think the odds of getting a lot of people to request widescreen versions goes way up if it is relatively easy to find the necessary information....

Thanks

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
See?? This is EXACTLY the way Disney will treat the Muppets if they purchased them!! Isn't it bad enough that they cut Bunsen and Beaker's ONLY MUSICAL NUMBER EVER in a motion picture from MCC when they put it on video?? They don't care about the Muppets, they just want that extra cash they'll get from owning them, and in the meantime they'll destroy them.

But that's only how I feel, and all others are welcome to not feel that way.

FOZ

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I sent them an e-mail saying "Make the Muppet DVD's widescreen, or the mouse gets it!!!" I think that'll get their attention. :big_grin:

OK, I didn't REALLY do that, but it sounded good.
I did e-mail them though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wrote them and here's what I writ...

"In regards to the DVD releases of Muppet Treasure Island and Christmas Carol, I can't see why BVHV can't STOP chopping up films and just release the thing in its full glory as seen in the theaters? They already deleted the musical sequence for Bunsen and Beaker for the home video release, and it doesn't cost any more to have a wide-screen edition of both films. Did you see the horrible way that Warner Bros. desecrated the movie Follow that Bird?? Don't, PLEASE, don't destroy these two films. I won't buy them if you do, and I really do want them on DVD...but, if your company can't care enough about your product and the consumers' wishes, then I'll have to get with the Muppet Fan Family Community of people at MuppetCentral.com (and we're a bigger family than you think) and spread the word not to buy them. Sorry, but that's just how we all feel, and me especially. Please don't destroy two classic films.

Thanks,
Kev"

of course, who you all know as FOZ! :smile:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Isn't it bad enough that they cut Bunsen and Beaker's ONLY MUSICAL NUMBER EVER in a motion picture from MCC when they put it on video??
They DID?? Which number was cut??

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Bunsen and Beaker's Deleted Scene...

Good greif! Doesn't ANYBODY remember this?

It was the ONLY musical number in any film for Bunsen and Beaker, "Room in your Heart."

It's on the soundtrack and was in the theatrical release.

I was SO disappointed to find out that they had cut it.

Later, FOZ

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Bunsen and Beaker's Deleted Scene...

Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Good greif! Doesn't ANYBODY remember this?

It was the ONLY musical number in any film for Bunsen and Beaker, "Room in your Heart."

It's on the soundtrack and was in the theatrical release.

I was SO disappointed to find out that they had cut it.

Later, FOZ
Oooooooh. That song.

I don't like that song.

:smile: