Discovery Zone Memories

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Do you have a memory of Discovery Zone? The memory can be good or bad. What was the food like? What music was being played when you went? Share it right here! The memory can be long or short.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been years and years and YEARS AND YEARS since I've been to DZ, and I think I had only been maybe three times or so, and usually, each time was for the laser tag, so that's about the only memories I have. It was fun, though.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I never went to one since I was born in 1999. I went to Chuck E. Cheese's a few times for some birthday parties.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I remember going to the Insectarium in Philadelphia. I got to pet a cockroach :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't know if there was a Discovery Zone. I know there was something called the Please Touch Museum that was a branch of the Franklin Institute museum though. I went to that.

The Insectarium was literally a museum for bugs. They had live bugs, dead bugs, demonstrations with bugs where you got to pet them...the gift shop even had those lollipops with the dead bugs inside.

And yet I am absolutely terrified of bugs...apparently when I was younger I wasn't though :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Discovery Zone (or DZ as some call it) is like Chuck E. Cheese, Mr. Gatti's, Q-ZAR, places like that, not really a museum or anything. :wink:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I don't think my town had a Discovery Zone, but when I was about 8 a similar place called Chutes and Ladders opened. It lasted a couple of years.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Discovery Zone (or DZ as some call it) is like Chuck E. Cheese, Mr. Gatti's, Q-ZAR, places like that, not really a museum or anything. :wink:
Ooooohhhhh........my bad
With a name like that though I assumed it was a museum :embarrassed:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yes, we had a DZ up by the Lehigh Valley Mall, but it's been closed for nearly 2 decades. There was a Chuck E. Cheese's a couple blocks away, which is still there, so it's obvious who won the draw. Haven't been to either place since I was a kid. In a nutshell: DZ was a giant indoor playground with a small arcade area, Chuck E. Cheese's is a giant arcade with a small indoor playground. At least that's the way I remember it, and that's why Chuck E. Cheese's won out; their arcade drains parents dry. The playground area was DEFINITELY bigger in DZ, that much I remember.