Dire Straits

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I just wondered if they were any Dire Striats fans out there. My father, brothers and I all love them. I myself have Brothers In Arms, On Every Street and the greatest hits set Sultans of Swing on CD and DVD in the case of the last named but am hoping to get more.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I think that Romeo and Juliet is one of the most beautiful songs that I've ever heard in my life. Sadly, I've only heard a few songs. I've been meaning to buy an album for a while... which should I get first?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Skate Away:

I like that one the best.

Also even though they're British I thought at 1 time they were from down south. They sure sound like it.

Skye

Reaction score
I love Dire Straits! They have some really great songs, and the song of theirs that I've been crazy about for so long is Sultans of Swing! I adore that song! I listen to it so much. I also really like Money For Nothing and On Every Street.

Speed Tracer, like MJTaylor, I also have the greatest hits set that's called Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits, and it is a great album to start with. I really like it, it's a great way to introduce yourself to other songs of theirs! :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Aw man, I love Dire Straits! Mark Knopfler is helluva singer and guitarist. Some of my fave songs include:

'Money For Nothing'
'Sultans of Swing'
'Walk of Life'
'Lady Writer'

...and more! I didn't wanna menchion /all/ of 'em! :wink: But yeah, I think they're a terrific band. :big_grin:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I love the Dire Straits as well.. I have all their albums and all Knopfler's solo albums and singles and outtakes and everything! Mark Knopfler just recorded a new version of "Brothers in Arms" to support veterans of the Falklands War for the 25th anniversary of its end.. it comes out June 6th

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Listen to Knopfler's guitar in the original version of the track 'Brothers In Arms'. Amazing.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, I'm definitely a Dire Straits fan. In fact, I'm listening to "Money for Nothing" right now; I've got "Brothers in Arms" playing on my stereo. When we went to see Mark Knopfler in concert a few years ago, he made sure to include that one in the set. Very cool...

I've got "Communique" and "On Every Street," as well as the "Sultans of Swing" best-of album. They're all good, but "Brothers in Arms" is my favorite. Two of my favorite tunes from that album, in addition to "Money for Nothing" and the usual hits, are "Your Latest Trick" and "Why Worry."

I can certainly picture the Electric Mayhem singing "Walk of Life."