DINOSAURS and Kevin Clash

Luke

Reaction score
Much kudos to Kevin, its fantastic to see a Muppeteer getting out there amongst the people and especially kids and performing live. It's great to see a Muppet on TV, but its extra-special and magical to see one in the "flesh" ... well, fleece.

... and Yes, Barney the Dinosaur is the anti-christ .... i joke, i joke.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
What an incredible thread! Hearing your stories about Kevin makes me have more respect for a man I already have the utmost respect for. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

This question may be a little to personal for Kevin (or you), but I was just wondering if he ever plans to work with the classic Muppets (Kermit, Miss Piggy, etc.) again. I'm one of the many fans who absolutely love Clifford--he's one of my favorite Muppets--and would go crazy seeing him again.

Thanks again for starting this incredible thread!

Monster

Reaction score
Thanks for liking the thread! I really love Kevin and celebrate him anyway I can. He humbly sent a beautiful picture of himself accepting this year's Emmy for Best Performer in a Children's Series- just gorgeous! He already has so many and it really touches me to see him still get SO choked up and surprised when he wins! He couldn't even speak when he first went out to receive the award. I go into his office and they are all over his console- not all of them... he has so many... but still really touched when he gets another one.

I don't know about Clifford now that Disney owns him. I will ask Kevin about this one. I miss him, too! Kevin told me one time Clifford got lost! He was carefully packed away but them when they went to look for him he was GONE! There have been Muppet thefts in the past and this one looked suspiciously like one. There is only one Clifford. Thankfully he was just carefully packed away with some other luggage and was retrieved in time for his next gig!

Your encouragement was very well received, "theprawncracker". I often get surprised that more Muppet fans don't take advantage of my trying to give more of the inside scoop on things- not just Sesame Street but other Muppet things as well. I love what I get to do and love to share with other fans.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Monster said:
Your encouragement was very well received, "theprawncracker". I often get surprised that more Muppet fans don't take advantage of my trying to give more of the inside scoop on things- not just Sesame Street but other Muppet things as well. I love what I get to do and love to share with other fans.
I'm so glad you think so! :big_grin: Also, this may seem out of the question, but I run a blog, The Muppet Mindset, and if you would like to give an interview or insight to the site, I'd be more than happy to accomodate you! :wisdom:

Monster

Reaction score
Hi! I would love to do an interview! Thanks for the offer- I love doing them.

Kevin just left my office. He always catches me watching The Muppet Show and because he is SO busy he sits down and takes a break with me and we just have a blast! Laughing at the James Coco episode- and drooling over the previous one with Raquel Welsh!

I asked him about Clifford and he said that Disney indeed does own him but they have no plans to use him for anything. A shame.

Let me know how to go about the interview with you and thanks again.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi! I would love to do an interview! Thanks for the offer- I love doing them.

Kevin just left my office. He always catches me watching The Muppet Show and because he is SO busy he sits down and takes a break with me and we just have a blast! Laughing at the James Coco episode- and drooling over the previous one with Raquel Welsh!

I asked him about Clifford and he said that Disney indeed does own him but they have no plans to use him for anything. A shame.

Let me know how to go about the interview with you and thanks again.
I'll send you a PM with the details! Thanks so much! I LOVE the James Coco episode and Raquel Welch is one of my all time favorites!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Bob, the Pizza Boy- I probably saw you at that book signing! I illustrated the book and designed and art directed the book cover. So I was there for the signing and the next day Kevin asked me to join him to sign the books with him at Books Of Wonder. Do you have a copy with a little sketch of Elmo in red pencil? That weekend and Tuesday of that week i had to draw that little Elmo head 1,000 times- no exaggeration! And I loved EACH AND EVERY SECOND of it! In fact, that Sunday after you were there after Kevin packed up Elmo and left I had a LONG line of kids and their families waiting to meet me. I was doing big color drawings of Elmo and giving them away- SO many kids were little artists and really related to my part of the day. I even made really great friends with a little girl and her Mom- we have become really close and I even get to go to her birthday parties!

The stuff that really touches my heart most of all is when people come out and reach out to learn more about the people behind the scenes. It gives us a chance to show how real the love is that goes into Sesame Street and all the parts that support it. I'm glad you got to meet Kevin Clash. He is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and generous people I have ever met. Especially when he is away from the puppets- he is a regular guy who can make me laugh at the drop of a hat! Just talking and enjoying our friendship that started back in 1992.

Thanks for replying to my thread. I look forward to more!
I do remember a guy giving Kevin's business cards to people? Was that you? But no, I don't have your artwork in my book. I brought my own copy for Kevin to sign.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kevin Clash has told some stories about his experience working on The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years, but could you ask him if he remembers performing any particular characters in that special?

Also, during the closing song, many characters can be heard more clearly in their close-up shots. Maybe you can ask if he recalls whether all this was pre-recorded or if the performers actually sang live while the pre-recorded track was played (I don't expect him to have sung on the pre-recorded track).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that Kevin Clash performed Buster the Horse at least once, long before he officially became a Muppet performer. Michael Earl (who originally performed Forgetful Jones) has confirmed this a few times, and there's only one clip known to fans where Clash performed Buster. Do you think Kevin would remember performing on Sesame Street before becomming an official performer, or if he remembers performing Buster?

Monster

Reaction score
Hi! I will certainly ask! I didn't know he did Buster! Forgetful Jones was my favorite Sesame Street Muppet before Cookie Monster!