Different versions of fan club soundsheet

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Some of you may already be aware of this, but I recently noticed that there are two different versions of the Muppet Show Fan Club soundsheet. The content is the same, but they are different in that they use different lettering, the coin circle is in a different location, and there are two different cities listed at the bottom: DEERFIELD, ILL and CLEARWATER, FL. I have photos here:

http://etphoto.smugmug.com/Henson/Fan-Club-Soundsheet/

I believe the Deerfield version was the original, and the Clearwater version replaced it sometime in 1979. This is based on an old Billboard article that said Eva-Tone had a temporary pressing operation in Florida before they moved production to their new Clearfield facility and closed the Deerfield facility in October of 1979. You can also see in the "trail-off wax" that the Clearwater version had a "-B" added to its number.

I'm pretty confident that there are only two versions, but I'd like some confirmation. I also don't know what colors they came in (I've seen blue and clear). So if you have one can you please let me know what version you have and what color it is? Thanks!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I had this waaaay back when, but of course it's long gone. Has the audio been preserved anywhere?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I had this waaaay back when, but of course it's long gone. Has the audio been preserved anywhere?
Sigh - i miss The Muppet Show Fan Club. Wish something like that still existed.

I don't have the original flexidisc anymore but i do have the audio but i don't have the ability to upload or share audio files online but i'm sure someone around here has a copy on mp3 or can direct you to one.

I remember listening to it over and over while staring at the beautiful certificate art, the glossy photo of the first season Muppets, and the group shot backing.